Glorious Day for a ride today

motochick

Looking great on the new GT+.

So am i reading this correctly, the new GT+ includes Michelin Road 6s and not the Bridgestone T32s? That's great - I didn't see any tire specs but I'm for these and I went to the 6s after 8K on my '22 T9GT.

42 minutes ago, robzilla said:

Looking great on the new GT+.

So am i reading this correctly, the new GT+ includes Michelin Road 6s and not the Bridgestone T32s? That's great - I didn't see any tire specs but I'm for these and I went to the 6s after 8K on my '22 T9GT.

No  the GT+ still comes with the Bridgestones. I just changed to the Road 6's for my own preference.

44 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

What's your first impressions of the Michelin Road 6's?

Let me get another 100 miles on em....just worn off the shiny stuff..😉

• Thumbsup 2

Smart gal on tire choice! You'll love the 6s - confidence inspiring on twisties and comfortable too. I should've done the same and swapped after the break in period but wanted to see what the T32s were like. Good grip too in our Seattle rain wet weather but I try not to push it too far. Overall I'm happy with the 6s in its early age. Only time / mileage will tell what I get  - hoping at least 8 to 9k!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, GTO MIKE said:

Yep would be nice  but too much salt brine on roads here in Ohio.    Mike

Slap some ACF-50 on the bike and get out there!

You're right though, I can't believe how much salt brine is still left in some of the counties I've ridden through these past few weeks.

• Thumbsup 1

7 hours ago, jthayer09 said:

Slap some ACF-50 on the bike and get out there!

You're right though, I can't believe how much salt brine is still left in some of the counties I've ridden through these past few weeks.

No way, have a perfectly good old car to get salt on. :) I will get out hopefully a bit on Sunday, raining today and will help clean off all the muck a bit. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ride365 said:

No way, have a perfectly good old car to get salt on. :) I will get out hopefully a bit on Sunday, raining today and will help clean off all the muck a bit. 

I recently moved from SF Bay Area (where I could ride year round) to here in MO to help my sister with aging parents. I noticed the white powder on the freeway, but the backroads were better.

I'm going to get a can of something to protect my new bike from corrosion (and keep it clean).

cheers,

Jen

• Thumbsup 1

People own their bikes long enough to get corrosion issues?

3 hours ago, motochick said:

I'm going to get a can of something to protect my new bike from corrosion (and keep it clean).

Fluid film is kinda the gold standard in the great white north, that's what I use on our cars/trucks, I'd be hesitant on a motorcycle, shits slimy.  Probably be better off with diligent wash downs instead.

• Supporting Member
On 2/22/2024 at 3:59 PM, kilo3 said:

People own their bikes long enough to get corrosion issues?

Fluid film is kinda the gold standard in the great white north, that's what I use on our cars/trucks, I'd be hesitant on a motorcycle, shits slimy.  Probably be better off with diligent wash downs instead.

Fluid film is what people put on their plows around here but like you said: thick and sticky, it picks up tons of crud.

ACF-50 was formulated for the aviation industry and I find that it's the superior product for bikes too. Easy to apply in various ways, thin so it gets into crevices, not too sticky so it doesn't pick up crud as you ride, and fairly easy to wash off in the summer if that's your thing.

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
48 minutes ago, Hamilton Tracer said:

Sorry, I should research first.  I see it comes in a spray.

The set I bought came with a bottle of the liquid and a spray bottle you can use. 

When I'm putting a coat on for the winter I cover the tires and brakes with garbage bags and spray big sections. Then I spray some onto a rag to apply in smaller areas or get up and under specific metal bits that the spray didn't hit like back side of foot pegs & subframe.

DO NOT GET IT ON YOUR TIRES OR BRAKES. Stuff is super slick even in small residue amounts.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1