21 9gt cover

Posted (edited)

Bought this on Amazon. Works well when I'm traveling when I don't want the morning dew or overnight showers on the bike. Also helps from peeking eyes with its discrete black silver color. Comes in all black if you want and another color I think.  If its windy, it has front and rear straps to cinch it down. Also lockable with rings in the front.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0142IHKX0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Edited by robzilla

• Supporting Member

Recommending a cover depends on how you plan on using it.  I use mine while traveling for overnight in the hotel parking lot, as @robzilla mentioned, just for morning dew or light showers.  I wanted something small and packable to fit in my side bag so I got a Half Cover like this.  It packs down to the size of a grapefruit. 

If you need a full length cover or something sturdier and completely waterproof for heavy rain storms, they will take up considerable space if you use it while traveling.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

I have a half cover from Gears on my FJ-09. It packs very small and is great for touring. It works well to slip the rear end over the top case plate, but not the top case or the side cases. I will typically bring the top case with me to the motel, and leave the side cases on the bike. I will bring just the side case liners/bags. The cases are watertight, so overall that works out well for me.

They also have the full cover, but that's usually quite a bag. If you're meaning to cover the bike at home then this might be the solution for you. For touring, I'd use a half cover. One I have on the bike is no longer sold, but there are others.

https://gearscanada.com/collections/motorcycle-covers

There is no escaping morning dew in my experience.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

I had a lightweight cover from Amazon and it was rather useless if I had the top case and side cases on, it wouldn't fit over all of that and the windscreen.  Now I just carry a "dew rag" and wipe the bike down, takes up less space and does the job.  I just put it in my mesh jacket pocket and it dries quickly.

15 hours ago, piotrek said:

I have a half cover from Gears on my FJ-09. It packs very small and is great for touring. It works well to slip the rear end over the top case plate, but not the top case or the side cases. I will typically bring the top case with me to the motel, and leave the side cases on the bike. I will bring just the side case liners/bags. The cases are watertight, so overall that works out well for me.

They also have the full cover, but that's usually quite a bag. If you're meaning to cover the bike at home then this might be the solution for you. For touring, I'd use a half cover. One I have on the bike is no longer sold, but there are others.

https://gearscanada.com/collections/motorcycle-covers

There is no escaping morning dew in my experience.

Never had an issue with rain or morning dew, even with that Oxford half cover.

On 5/13/2024 at 10:22 AM, betoney said:

Recommending a cover depends on how you plan on using it.  I use mine while traveling for overnight in the hotel parking lot, as @robzilla mentioned, just for morning dew or light showers.  I wanted something small and packable to fit in my side bag so I got a Half Cover like this.  It packs down to the size of a grapefruit. 

If you need a full length cover or something sturdier and completely waterproof for heavy rain storms, they will take up considerable space if you use it while traveling.

Just looking for a lightweight travel cover to keep the sap off at the cottage, at home I 

keep in the garage so cover is just to keep dust off at home.

• Thumbsup 1

There's some missing info above... which size did y'all buy?

Also, I recall seeing something even smaller called a "bikini" or "thong" cover that didn't really cover the sides at all but would keep sun and rain and such off the paint and seat. I'd like to have one of these to keep the sun off my bike at work.

However, all I'm getting when I search for "motorcycle bikini cover" is frowzy ladies draped across Harleys.