Akro full exhaust

jamboa

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully it can be tweaked to fit. If not I already told dealer losing centerstand ain't happening Surely some slip on gonna clear it. Duc dealer told me Akro pipes are gonna replace Termi's on Ducs cause Audi owns Ducati and Akro. Just rambaling here.
2015 FJ-09 matte gray
2013 Honda CB1100
2004 Triumph T100 Bonneville

mmmmmm... interesting... no more fancy italian exhaust on fancy italian bike...

I'd really like to keep the centerstand too... Guess I'll ride the bike stock for a while until some review come up. All aftermarket exhaust were designed for the FZ/MT-09... without the centerstand... he'd be great if some of the exhausts were tweaked for the FJ-09/MT-09 Tracer

I just checked with Akrapovic (which then transfer my enquiry to the local sole agent).   He said that both carbon and titanium version is compatible with the center stand on MT09 tracer/FJ09.  
Thanks for the information... good dope! Now the question is how will a full system effect fuelling????
Paul

Roadscum, 
I see that both system has a hole for plugging in the stock oxygen sensor, the onboard computer should sort out fuelling automatically.
Just because you can use a lambda sensor with an aftermarket full exhaust system doesn't guarantee proper fuelling will occur. On my Super Tenere with a full Arrow system even a remapping by a reputable folks could not sort out the fuelling without a PCV and a custom tune. My Triumph Daytona 675 had a full Ti race exhaust and required a special factory race tune. 
Paul

Visited the Akra dealership today and he told me the dyno graph on Akra site was done with a direct replacement of exhaust only without any ECU flash or fuelling mod.  I am sure new fuel map mod would let you squeeze out last bit of performance for your intended use, but the titanium dyno graph seems fine if one is mainly looking for aesthetic improvement, better sound, lesser weight; slight increase in power and torque are added bonuses. 

However, after riding the bike for a few days, I am now not quite sure about the exhaust swap as my bike is only for street use.  First, I don't really notice the dip in power of the stock pipe at around 4.5 to 5.5k rpm, but a dip at around 3k rpm (Akra pipe) may not be pleasant with all the stop and go traffic we have here.  Second, although there is no centerstand clearance issue, a good part of the titanium can (and the Akra logo!) is blocked by the centre stand and that seriously devalued the bling factor.    

Having said that, there are at least 10 titanium exhausts sitting at the dealership waiting to be put on to the next shipment of MTs which will arrive in March, I may just change my mind after seeing the real thing on a real bike :D

• 1 month later...
Two Brothers shows two pictures of FJ-09 with their complete exhaust and the center stand . MSRP: $1189.98 http://www.twobros.com/sku/005-4170105/exhaust/Yam-FJ09-S1R-FULL-15.html
Anyone know if Two Brothers makes their exhausts in the USA? The exchange rate is awful, but if I don't have to pay duty, that helps!  
I liked what they have to offer. I'd love to see a comparison between this and the Arrow full system. Aesthetically, they are both my favourite so far. 

Two Bros exhaust made in California.
Hmm... this could be a deciding factor. No import duties for American made products. 
Can't afford to be the first, because of our exchange rate, but once a few different exhausts are put to the test, I'll make a choice. 

As it stands, I don't think the Akro is the right one for me. Carbon doesn't work without the center stand and the titanium is either too loud or not loud enough. 

Archived