McCruise email? What th'?

I just got an email from a "supportive merchandiser", or some similar term, for an McCruise cruise control. It seemed odd to me that essentially someone had lifted my email address from the Forum and used it for marketing purposes. On of my constant computer activities is to hit unsubscribe so that my inbox isn't flooded with a tidal wave of merchants trying to sell me things that will "change my life". I do that nearly as often as type in a password. But I digress...

Is it a Kosher use of the Forum to get member email addresses and send out marketing emails? I went to my settings and they are all set to Never. When I went to unsubscribe, it took me not to the McCruise site but to the Forum.

If commercial use of email addresses is an allowable use of the Forum, I may have to reconsider my membership. I can see getting a cavalcade of marketing emails from Revzilla, Bike Bandit, Clymer, etc.

If you look closely, it actually came from the forum. It wasn't sent by MCCruise, unless you received a different email. It is not uncommon for forums to send their members email about supporting vendors, like MCCruise.

The email I got:
forum_zpssdyquwxv.png

If you would not like to receive emails from the forum, I believe you can go into your profile, notification settings, and change the highlighted option to "Never"
forum%201_zpsuscowov0.png

Yes, this email was sent by myself to all subscribing members. And yes, you can log in go to profile and adjust your notification settings at any time.

We don't send many emails, mostly just vendor specials and the like.

We also do not give Vendors an email list. That would be against our terms of service as we do not share your info with anyone. We also do not keep anyone's personal info. I simply took MCCruise's post and sent it to "All" and then went to bed.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions about notification settings on the forum.
We purposely let every member adjust their privacy setting in profile settings. I suggest that everyone spends some time in profile settings.

Archived