Shad or Givi Side cases?

I am going to take a small trip in about a month and I have also been wanting some hard cases.

Givi v35 cases with givi  PLXR2122 mounting for $643 shipped
or
Shad 36l case and mounting for $681 shipped with 5% discount. 

The customer support at Shad told me they could be at my doorstep in under 5-7 days because they have a shipment from Spain this week with enough stock to cover any orders. I dont trust them but he says they will arrive.

The Givi Cases are a great deal and they would come from Italy off ebay. they will take 10-15 days to arrive.

What do you guys say? I like the Givi mounters, the shape inside concerns me.

Shad mounters aren't so great and im neutral about the case. I do like the case liners though! I know I can use the givi racks with the Shad cases as well

• Premium Member
I'd go with Givi/Kappa direct from Italy - I have ordered Givi parts from a dealer in Naples and another in Milan. Delivery to the UK is 3-7 days depending on courier.

I have reviewed the Kappa K40N cases here http://fj-09.org/thread/1400/kappa-k40n-side-cases - Kappa is owned by Givi. The K40s use the standard PLR2122 mounts.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I went back and forth on which side cases to get too and decided to go with the FJR-1300 Yamaha cases. The mounts look better on the bike w/out the cases and in my opinion, they look better on the bike too. They were just about $150 more than what you state are the prices for the Shad & Givi. I got the cases on eBay and the mounts from Cucamonga Yamaha for a GREAT price and then had a local body shop paint them for me.
Take a look, what do you think? Obviously, I'm pretty stoked w/how they came out.

new%20bags%201_zpsukkw5jal.jpg

new%20bags%202_zpsatjkeekm.jpg

That looks fantastic! The yamaha bags are of good quality and the pant match is cool. It would be neat to see some aux lights on the fjr bags.

My Orginal plan was fjr bags but from the dealer they are too pricey and ebay hasn't netted me anything yet.
There's a damaged pair on ebay for $99 but the hanger mounts messed up.
I sent an email to yocracing to get a quote on a new pair since it keeps showing invalid.

Once I decided on the Yamaha bags, I was patient w/eBay and bought nice ones one at a time since I knew I was going to paint them. Since part of the racks/mounts are already on the bike it made further sense to go with them. I'm not kidding, the mounts are very inconspicuous and when I commute around town, I take the hard bags off and the bike still  looks great. Very happy w/the result AND it all cost less than buying the recommended bags and mounts that Yamaha suggests for the FJ.

I have the Shad SD36 side case and Yamaha Top case. I am glad I got the Shad side case as it fits my helmet to allow the flexibility of putting helmets on either cases. The Shad lock system is better as well compared to the Top case; although I was able to match the Yamaha top case lock to the ignition key; not so for the Shad locks.

Archived