What If USPS Looses My ECM?

milo

Just had this depressing thought.... what if USPS looses my ECM (either in route to you or from you back) what happens then? What amount of insurance is necessary to cover a new ECM from Yamaha along with the $340 for the re-flash?

• Premium Member
Funny you should ask. I was tracking the return of mine last week and when it showed delivery I went to get it and found an empty mail box. After many anxious hours I was relieved when my neighbor knocked on the door with it in her hand. They postman had put in her mail box.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

We've flashed thousands of ECU's and shipped them to every corner of the globe without issue. The package is covered by USPS insurance and we'd take care of ya for the flash.
USPS provides $100 insurance for Priority Mail Express shipments and $50 for regular Priority Mail shipments unless additional insurance is purchased.

https://www.usps.com/ship/insurance-extra-services.htm

Last I checked, UPS provided $100 insurance unless more was purchased and I think FedEx is similar. I'm not sure if the rates are the same since I worked in a shipping department, but UPS insurance used to be roughly $0.10 / $100 so it was worth it to add it on if I remember correctly. I'm not sure of the pricing for USPS, but I think it's in the link I provided. I'm on my phone and I forgot to look at that before I started to post. I only meantion this because it would suck to lose an ECU and be out well over $400 thinking you were covered for the full amount. I have had this come back to bite me for not purchasing additional insurance. UPS only paid $100 for losing a $1000 item because I didn't purchase the insurance.

OK so unless I'm wrong it appears shipping out we should insure our ECM for $550 and 2wheeldynoworks  insures (or covers) that plus the $350 flash in the return?

We've flashed thousands of ECU's and shipped them to every corner of the globe without issue. The package is covered by USPS insurance and we'd take care of ya for the flash.

Archived