• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Bagster seat

wessie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
While it seems some "bums have died and gone to heaven", "it's great" and good reports, there seem to be some serious issues with the "waterproofness" of this manufacturers seat. 
IMO you shouldn't have to 'waterproof" a seat that you have spent $$$ on, it should come waterproofed as the OE is.
Who wants to sit an a seat and have rivers of water oozing from the sides...I've never had this on a bike.

I am still using my Airhawk and have just replaced the top cover on the original units cover with a similar fabric and will see how long that lasts. The covers I get about 4 years each out of....so not bad going.

Still considering a seat but think I will go read Wordy's other post and do some more homework before ordering anything.

The foam is sealed in polythene. The Bagster seat can be waterproof but if you order it with a load of holes in the cover from the pretty embroidery then it will leak. Water gets trapped between the outer cover and inner polythene covering the foam. It's not a serious issue, it's a buyer's choice of form over function.  
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

While it seems some "bums have died and gone to heaven", "it's great" and good reports, there seem to be some serious issues with the "waterproofness" of this manufacturers seat. 
IMO you shouldn't have to 'waterproof" a seat that you have spent $$$ on, it should come waterproofed as the OE is.
Who wants to sit an a seat and have rivers of water oozing from the sides...I've never had this on a bike.

I am still using my Airhawk and have just replaced the top cover on the original units cover with a similar fabric and will see how long that lasts. The covers I get about 4 years each out of....so not bad going.

Still considering a seat but think I will go read Wordy's other post and do some more homework before ordering anything.

The foam is sealed in polythene. The Bagster seat can be waterproof but if you order it with a load of holes in the cover from the pretty embroidery then it will leak. Water gets trapped between the outer cover and inner polythene covering the foam. It's not a serious issue, it's a buyer's choice of form over function.  
I have only ridden in heavy rain once with the new-ish Bagster seat fitted, and no leakage/ ingress of water appeared.   Should I be leaving the bike out overnight while travelling and rain is forecast I'd simply wrap the seats in a thin supermarket-style plastic bag.   Ditto when washing the bike at home.   
But a universal-fit plastic cover can be bought for around GBP12, I recall- saw it here somewhere.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 2 weeks later...
Bit off subject but I have yet to see information on weather the Bagster seat is available to purchase or can be shipped to the USA. Anybody in the US that can answer please PM. Their website doesn't help. I've been drooling since wessie posted his photos back in 2015.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Bit off subject but I have yet to see information on weather the Bagster seat is available to purchase or can be shipped to the USA. Anybody in the US that can answer please PM. Their website doesn't help. I've been drooling since wessie posted his photos back in 2015.
You don't have to buy direct. Try silverstonemotor. Go through the motions of ordering and it will eventually spit out shipping cost to wherever you need it shipped.
Silverstone is a French retailer.   If buying direct you should not have to pay European VAT (sales tax) as you reside outside of the EU: that's a considerable saving of (guesstimating now, for such things change) around 20%.   Stop drooling - order today!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Thank you for info. I'll give silverstonemotor a try.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Archived