Bagster seat

wessie

• Premium Member
Longest ride so far: a round trip of 140 miles over to the Brecon Beacons. The seat is great. Slight numb bum after 90 miles but eased with a wiggle or push back 2 cm onto the wider part. I found the stock seat irritating after 50 miles. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Longest ride so far: a round trip of 140 miles over to the Brecon Beacons. The seat is great. Slight numb bum after 90 miles but eased with a wiggle or push back 2 cm onto the wider part. I found the stock seat irritating after 50 miles. 
I did 2 hours today around the weald of Kent. Beautiful day, lots of traffic on the way back though. I agree, the Bagster seat is a keeper.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Is the seat taller than stock?
No 
I'm 5'8" tall with a 32" inside leg. I ride with the seat in the higher position.

After the trip to Germany, the seat is now in the "very good" category. This is my view and that of @johan who was on the same trip. I did around 1200 miles in the 6 days, longest day was around 300 miles home from Bruges. 

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Top Sellerie and Bagster are not the same. I can vouch for the Bagster. It is comfortable, on our European tour I never felt numb and I think I'd be able to go much longer. I treated mine with Nikwax and it is completely waterproof, although I think the Nikwax may have made it slightly more slippery.

• Premium Member
Yeah but top sellerie had options for higher seat, lower seat and back cushion pushing you closer to the bars or farther away. But the special foam in bagster seems unique. Trying to decide.
I based my decision on familiarity with Bagster products as I did not know anyone who had bought either seat when I placed my order. I know a number of people with Bagster seats on other bikes and I use Bagster stuff myself. I also had an existing relationship with the French retailer, Silverstone. 

I saw the Top Sellerie website and there seems to be many more options. I did not like the website tool for generating the design and the price seemed higher for a similar spec. I had not heard of the company before a google search for a Tracer seat and I do not know anyone using their products, although I believe they are well established with a respectable reputation in France. 

The Bultex foam used by Bagster is very good. Other seat makers may use this foam as it is easily available - many mattress makers use it if you google the name. 

So, Bagster got the nod based on confidence in their products, a decent retailer and the use of a proprietary brand of foam with a formidable reputation in the bedding sector. 

Wessie (and others) - I'm impressed with the appearance and styling of the Bagster seat, and your opinion of it after what seems like a pretty good workout.
But unfortunately Bagster does not seem to have any distribution here in Australia, nor can I find a way on their rather cumbersome website to order direct from them. This seems at odds with their stated aim to increase export markets!
Any assistance you could give would be appreciated - if you purchased through a French retailer perhaps you could give me contact details.   My new Tracer arrives home on Wednesday next April 6th...
With thanks...
[em]W[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
He posted the links to order here in the first post. PayPal and other payments accepted. They should be able to ship anywhere. Make sure you get the price with VAT tax deducted for non EU countries, not sure if the website does it automatically after you enter shipping info. Some Euro websites do, others you have to call or email them for an invoice set up the right way.
http://www.silverstonemotor.com/bagster-yamaha-mt09-mt-09-tracer-2015-motorcycle-confort-diva-ready-luxe-saddle%2Cus%2C4%2CBAGST-S-READY-LUXE-TRACER-15.cfm#.VwJjD5j3anM

Thanks for this link, which I'd missed before. I'm about to e-mail Silverstone to get the shipped price - less EU VAT of course!
Will advise further for information and guidance of others.
[em]w[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

The plot thickens!   Silverstone (Fr) have replied that they cannot ship the seat such a great distance to Australia. Strange - but so be it.
Next - the Oz distributor for Bagster shows only Bagster tank covers on their website, but an enquiry shows that they can, indeed, obtain the desired seat for me, with a lead-time of 4-6 weeks, which is no problem at all.   I've chosen the Luxseat with Bultex foam, based on Wessie's recommendation, and shipped to me it's an eye-watering AUD $610, = Euro404, GBP323, USD460.
Taking delivery of the bike tomorrow and I'll have a couple of good-length country rides on it within a fortnight before I commit to the Bagster seat - though I'm pretty sure that I will!   My backside still twitches at memories of the original plank-like OE seat from a year ago...
[em]W[/em]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
The retailer (see post #1 in the thread) is offering a discount and the price is down to 340 euros delivered to the UK. That's £265 at current rates so the discount almost removes the extra cost due to a change in the exchange rate.

The retailer (see post #1 in the thread) is offering a discount and the price is down to 340 euros delivered to the UK. That's £265 at current rates so the discount almost removes the extra cost due to a change in the exchange rate.
That's just on AUD$500. I've paid AUD$549 for my local order, so if taking into account shipping on this quite bulky, maybe even heavy, item, I feel that's a pretty good deal. [em]Wordsmith - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia[/em]

Archived