• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Give your feedback to Yamaha on those issues

Or just keep posting on here.  
Believe me, they spend time on this forum. In fact, you would be shocked.

Keep in mind, corporations use software that alerts them whenever their name or brands are mentioned somewhere online. They have dept's that look at all mentions, every day.

So, we pop up daily, as do all the Yamaha forums.

Their Ip addresses are on this site just about everyday. Since day one. Often for many hours at a time.

But yeah, do the survey too.
This pleases me greatly.  I'm glad to hear that they are concerned and taking note of feedback we provide.  I think every major company should do this, but feel so many fail to take advantage of the free market research they get out of it.  Too bad they don't make it known and respond to issues that people experience here.  That would likely make me a yamaha customer for life (I'm already fairly biased).  

If they responded to just one issue here, I'd be afraid the forum would turn into the bitch forums.

People gotta remember, this is a budget bike. A budget "do it all" sport tourer that is one hell of a good bike with an awesome engine. I hope some actual praise also makes it into everyone's surveys.

Budget level bikes often have some budget level parts.

• Premium Member
... And when I owned a WR250X people didn't understand why a street legal bike capable of carrying a passenger with street bike maintenance intervals didn't make the same horsepower or weigh the same as Yamaha's moto cross bikes.

People have a lot of expectations that aren't always realistic.

Someone on this forum said something to the effect of, we own 9/10 of a Multistrada for 2/3 the cost. That's a fair assessment of this bike.

• Premium Member
2/3 or less for initial cost. And then there's maintenance and frustration down the road.

When I was doing the round of shopping that resulted in my FJ, I saw a 0-mile 2014 Multi for sale at a dealership for $14,995. (I don't remember which model of Multi--maybe I've suppressed it.) At the time I saw it, I was thinking that the Multi was bigger than I wanted, and by the time I asked again, it had been sold.

I was having small regrets about it, until I talked to the guys who run the garage I go to. The service manager has a Panigale (1199 I think?). He assured me that if I wanted a bike that I could actually ride when I wanted to, I had made the right choice. His Duc has been at the dealership for 3 months waiting for something or other to be resolved...in the meantime I believe he's riding his Honda Hawk!

• 3 weeks later...
I see little coming of it, but I completed the "interview" as they call it. My recommendations for improvements echoed most of the other sentiments voiced here.

Speaking of Ducatis, a co-worker of mine had a tiedown strap "fail" while he was transporting his four-month-old Duc back to the dealer for the sixth time due to unique warrantable issues. It "fell" out of the back of his truck when he accelerated away from a stoplight. Total loss. Not the only Duc reliability story I've heard. Breakdowns are more the rule than the exception.

Or just keep posting on here.  
Believe me, they spend time on this forum. In fact, you would be shocked.

Keep in mind, corporations use software that alerts them whenever their name or brands are mentioned somewhere online. They have dept's that look at all mentions, every day.

So, we pop up daily, as do all the Yamaha forums.

Their Ip addresses are on this site just about everyday. Since day one. Often for many hours at a time.

But yeah, do the survey too.
I absolutely think the ONLY reason they agreed to fix my FZ09 was due to this very fact. (I'm not going into it here, and really did not go much into it on the FZ09 site, but dang I was not going quietly into that goodnight Yamaha.)And since they agreed to fix the FZ, I just traded it in for a year newer FJ, and got what I really wanted in the first place, (The FZ is sweet, but it needs what the FJ has stock in my opinion, but that new MT09 with the retro look is pretty tempting.... drool...) 

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
a bump to this old thread as the survey is still live so new owners may wish to give their views

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/designcafe/en/your-opinion/index.aspx?view=survey&id=620202 - FJ09 is MT09 Tracer in Europe

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived