Factory Yamaha OEM Electrical Connectors

desertfjr

I am preparing for the big transformation of my FJ this winter and I want to make sure I have all the correct pieces on hand well in advance of Farkling Saturday. I have found a wonderful site on the interwebs that deals in OEM electrical connectors. Here is what I have found so far.

The factory Yamaha turn signals are connector with 3 pin Nippon Tanshi .040 Turn Signal Connectors.

Turn Signal Connectors

Behind the headlight are four additional circuits. Two if them are 2amp circuits that use Sumitomo MT 090 Series connectors. I believe they are MT090-2 series connectors. Please correct me if I am wrong. The 2 series has ribs protruding from the bottom of the connector, the 2B series is smooth.

Accessory Connectors (White)

There are two other connectors behind the headlight. I believe they use HD 090 Series connectors. I haven't taken my FJ apart so if someone could confirm the gray and natural connectors are this model that would be appreciated.

Gray/Natural Connectors

Please reply with any info you have. I will update this post with corrected info so it's accessible for future inquiries. Thanks!

• Premium Member
So the European version of the FZ/FJ is named after something from an electrical harness maker's catalogue?

Lots if saki was consumed that night, no doubt and I'm sure it made sense at the time, and maybe lost something in translation
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Need all the right connectors to replace all of the wonderful US spec pumpkin sized lights wessie...yes, lost in translation...
I found a few places on ebay that carried adapters for cheap (sorry, don't have any links offhand).  Made my pumpkin replacement a plug and play deal.

... Behind the headlight are four additional circuits. Two if them are 2amp circuits that use Sumitomo MT 090 Series connectors. I believe they are MT090-2B series connectors. Please correct me if I am wrong. The 2 series has ribs protruding from the bottom of the connector, the 2B series is smooth.
I (and at least one other member here) ordered MT090-2B's from that company but the housing doesn't work. However, with terminals and seals you can reuse the housing that is in place to keep the weather out.
I did this as well. Just pull the little black plugs out of the mating connector that is on the spare(s) behind the headlight, and use the pins from cycleterminals in that connector. Works great. The problem is that the locking mechanism on the plastic connector from cycleterminals does not mate up with the locking mechanism on the connector on the bike.  But the pins are perfectly interchangeable. 

Archived