Sato Racing stainless bar ends

rambodog

I just added the Sato Racing stainless steel long bar ends on my FJ and so far I am loving them. I removed my handguards and have been experiencing a lot of vibration in the 5k to 6k rpm range. These guys with the weighted inserts have reduced the vibes significantly and look great! The 14mm inserts work well with our bikes. The extra 30mm weight won't go in because something is hanging it up, but I'm going to play with it and see if I can get them in there. If you are looking for some slick bar ends for your bike, these are pretty sweet. I may even add the lever guards in the future. Will post pics once I figure out how.

http://www.satoracing.com/handlebarends_ducati.htm

• Premium Member
I just added the Sato Racing stainless steel long bar ends on my FJ and so far I am loving them. I removed my handguards and have been experiencing a lot of vibration in the 5k to 6k rpm range. These guys with the weighted inserts have reduced the vibes significantly and look great! The 14mm inserts work well with our bikes. The extra 30mm weight won't go in because something is hanging it up, but I'm going to play with it and see if I can get them in there. If you are looking for some slick bar ends for your bike, these are pretty sweet. I may even add the lever guards in the future. Will post pics once I figure out how.  

Please be sure and keep us posted with your observations. Am trying to visualize these with the KTM hand guards. Should work. They look great! 

Please be sure and keep us posted with your observations. Am trying to visualize these with the KTM hand guards. Should work. They look great!

Thanks! I had to trim the throttle tube slightly as it was hanging up a bit on the bar end, but other than that, I love these things! They feel great. Need to read up on how to post pics...soooo lazy.

• Premium Member
Thanks! I had to trim the throttle tube slightly as it was hanging up a bit on the bar end, but other than that, I love these things! They feel great. Need to read up on how to post pics...soooo lazy.
So, a buzz reduction on a 1-10 scale with 10 being the most, how would you rate them? 

So, a buzz reduction on a 1-10 scale with 10 being the most, how would you rate them?

I'd say that I really increased the buzz by taking the stock handguards off (the pair weighs almost 3 lbs according to my bathroom scale) and by putting the Satos on I got a solid 6 in buzz reduction. So in the end, I'm still behind stock levels, but I've got a set of grip puppies coming to even it out!

• Premium Member
I'd say that I really increased the buzz by taking the stock handguards off (the pair weighs almost 3 lbs according to my bathroom scale) and by putting the Satos on I got a solid 6 in buzz reduction. So in the end, I'm still behind stock levels, but I've got a set of grip puppies coming to even it out!
Hope you haven't given up on the 30mm weights. Might only require a bit of a drill out to accommodate them. 

Yeah, I haven't played with them since I put em in. I do have some levers coming so I think I'll pull everything apart and see if I can get the extra weights in there. I'm pretty sure that the only thing blocking them from going in are the dimples from the controls poking through the holes in the bars.

Loving those bar ends in gun metal - they look the dogs do-dars imho !! 
I need to do something about the vibes I get at 3-4,500 k revs so I'll look into these. Guessing they'll ship over the pond to England ? 

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member
i love em! went with the stainless steel for more weight on mine.
Pictures?????? Vibes??? 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

vibes are reduced but I just put on some grip puppies as they were not cured. I also have them on a Protaper Handlebar. Altogether way more comfortable and less vibey than the stock schiza. Also not my awesome home-made shorty screen :)

But do not note the terrible mess in my garage. Been working porojects and it just keeps getting messier!

ITKgRqt.jpg?1
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Archived