Electrical Problems

jonm

I picked up my brand new 2015 FJ-09 on Friday, 5 miles into the ride home got the check engine light! so at home checked out the Forum for code 069 and used that info to check the front ABS sensor which looked good, so at only 60 miles on the clock, took the bike back to the dealer last night, they checked it out and said I had codes 069 and 019 (Traction Control) they need to get parts, they said it was the sensor in the tire!! It was 6pm and they were closing so heading home I noticed that the front turn signals stay illuminated with the ignition on(first night ride) so I stopped to check and found also I had only one headlight, Is this normal???

When the service guy handed over the bike he commented that the headlights on the bike were bright! I guess that was also "service guy" Bull' to reassure the gullible customer that his brand new bike was fine.

Am I right in believing that the bike needs a replacement "Electronic Brain" and not a Tire Sensor!?

• Premium Member
I picked up my brand new 2015 FJ-09 on Friday, 5 miles into the ride home got the check engine light! so at home checked out the Forum for code 069 and used that info to check the front ABS sensor which looked good, so at only 60 miles on the clock, took the bike back to the dealer last night, they checked it out and said I had codes 069 and 019 (Traction Control) they need to get parts, they said it was the sensor in the tire!! It was 6pm and they were closing so heading home I noticed that the front turn signals stay illuminated with the ignition on(first night ride) so I stopped to check and found also I had only one headlight, Is this normal??? 
When the service guy handed over the bike he commented that the headlights on the bike were bright! I guess that was also "service guy" Bull' to reassure the gullible customer that his brand new bike was fine.

Am I right in believing that the bike needs a replacement "Electronic Brain" and not a Tire Sensor!?
It's a setup issue. The front ABS sensor mounts EXTERNALLY and provides inputs to the ECU for ABS and TCS...they effed up! If they simply remove the sensor and install properly, your problems will vanish. It's NOT inside the tire. Total incompetence which explains their inability to install the EXTERNAL sensor properly. Idiots! 
Only one headlight is illuminated on low-beam. Both come on when high-beam is switched on.

The only "brain" that needs replacing is your local Yamaha dealer's.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

I also had the same problem. I had to bend the tab back that holds the sensor in. It was bent from the sensor being installed wrong and bending the tab when the bolt was tightened. It always amazes me how many incompetent dealer are out there, it gives the few good ones a bad name.
'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

Archived