ECU updates needed

docsimple

I hope I'm not breaking any rules, certainly not my intention.  My bike currently has a 2WD flash on the ECU and it performs wonderfully - job well done m8s!  However, competition always raises the performance bar and it looks like a competitor has raised the bar a bit.

I've come across another outfit providing ECU tuning with some very desirable additional features: Live mapping, Multiple (up to 3) trim maps can be loaded and activated by rider whenever he chooses, Extra power modes selectable by rider, Cruise Control, Shift light activation, etc.

I would dearly love it if 2WD could incorporate some or all of these features into their ECU tuning.

If anyone wants the link to this other product, please PM me....

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

so I moved this post as you are free to request new features in an supplier sub-forum OR to discuss other vendors in an open area of the forum. You are also now free to link to vendors in this thread as long as you are not the owner or a vested interest.

The goal is to give our members the freedom to post what they like but the vendor subsection is essentially their paid advertising. Clear as mud? :)
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Right as rain, Guv'nor, happy to comply with the rules!

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

I hope I'm not breaking any rules, certainly not my intention.  My bike currently has a 2WD flash on the ECU and it performs wonderfully - job well done m8s!  However, competition always raises the performance bar and it looks like a competitor has raised the bar a bit. 
I've come across another outfit providing ECU tuning with some very desirable additional features: Live mapping, Multiple (up to 3) trim maps can be loaded and activated by rider whenever he chooses, Extra power modes selectable by rider, Cruise Control, Shift light activation, etc.

I would dearly love it if 2WD could incorporate some or all of these features into their ECU tuning.

If anyone wants the link to this other product, please PM me....

You are talking about a product called "tuneboy". It is only available in Australia, costs 500 dollars and you still have to take your bike and pay a dyno shop to tune it for you. The product also has zero support from Yamaha.

So, good luck with that.

And it looks like cruise control still requires extra hardware to work. Just like MCcruise.
No.  I read their spiel, and you can option it with some extra buttons, otherwise it works off the existing switchgear.

I like the idea of having the cruise working off the ECU, but I doubt the same emphasis on safety and fail-safe operation has gone into the coding that MC Cruise has invested in their product.

I am fully aware of the effort that MC Cruise have put into their design, and it is by no means trivial.

The Tuneboy website also indicates that the Yamaha MT-09 product is "coming soon".

it really seems interesting. Maybe as a replacement for Flashtune. But I like that MCC insures their product, and "coming soon" well.... I'm still waiting to see the Sargent seat option.
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Premium Member
it really seems interesting. Maybe as a replacement for Flashtune. But I like that MCC insures their product, and "coming soon" well.... I'm still waiting to see the Sargent seat option.
I've given up on Sargent

Well, until I can find a 2 part replacement I will be holding out. The Seat Concepts is a decent bridge, but I dont want it to be the end all. I used Top Saddlerie on my FZ6 and really liked it, Russell Daylong on my V Strom which was the most comfortable seat ever but ugly as sin. I suppose I'm dragging this thread off topic though....
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Flashtune and Tuneboy both offer DIY setups and off the shelf tunes. Tuneboy's stuff has been used a lot in the Ducati community and has a good reputation there.

I emailed Tuneboy asking about the FJ tune but did not get a reply.

Flashtune's web site says they are working on CC.

No aftermarket CC will have support from Yamaha.

No, not that I'm aware of at this time. 2 Wheel Dyno Works does a fantastic job though. Many happy owners on this forum who've had their ECU's flashed by them, including myself.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Archived