New Dunlop Roadsmart 3's

So riding to work this morning and ran over something sharp and bloody big and ripped a 12mm hole/slash in the centre of the stock Dunlops, all my rope plugs and all my co2 canisters only just got my to work, (I now know where ALL the servo's are on the way to work...!) Also took a nice chunk out of the hugger and scratched the swingarm..  >:D
Was going to run some of my favourite Pilot Road 4's but a rep for Dunlop gave me some new Roadsmart 3's to try, only done 100k's so far but initial impressions are good, much grippier than standard and have a nice neutral tip in feel. Never had a massive amount of confidence in the stock tyres. They were wearing OK, probably 1/3 left after 6000k's
Will let you know what they are like in the wet when it rains again..

• Premium Member
I like the look of them from a quick Google search. They don't appear to be available in the States yet though.
@dmizer who lives in Japan mentioned them a while ago - vduboy is in Oz so I guess these are only available if your Dunlops are made by the parent company, Sumitomo in Japan 
In the US & Europe, the Dunlop brand is marketed by Goodyear and it seems they get the new Sumitomo designs some time after the home country, or never at all if they don't stump up the cash. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I like the look of them from a quick Google search. They don't appear to be available in the States yet though.
@dmizer who lives in Japan mentioned them a while ago - vduboy is in Oz so I guess these are only available if your Dunlops are made by the parent company, Sumitomo in Japan 
In the US & Europe, the Dunlop brand is marketed by Goodyear and it seems they get the new Sumitomo designs some time after the home country, or never at all if they don't stump up the cash. 
They are on the Dunlop EUR website

• Premium Member
ooh, nanotechnology http://www.dunlop.eu/dunlop_uk/mc/tyres/on_road/RoadSmart_III.jsp - they weren't listed a few months ago when dmizer mentioned them

Just had a quote for tyres from Protyre & Chris Mullins in Gloucester

Front Roadsmart 2 is £110 or a pair of Pirelli Angel ST for £180 from CM

Protyre have a pair of Roadsmart 2 for £230. All prices are fully fitted to the bike, ride in ride out. They were £270 last year - gotta love the drop in oil prices.

I only need a new front for the German trip but a pair of Angles for £180 is tempting.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Hi guys n gals. I am a new member of the forum. I live in London Ontario and have my FJ-09 waiting at the motorcycle dealer for collection once the weather improves. I would like to comment on the oil pan issue. From reading the forum and noting the issues with oil pan plug etc. I approached my dealer and asked them to install the new oil pan on my bike. The oil pans with the plug at the fore of the pan are available. (here in Canada at least). This has been installed on my 2015 bike. I can also confirm that all the 2016 model FJ-09s I have seen on showroom floors still use the old plug at the bottom pan.
I general I would like to say thanks to all the forum contributors. I have learnt so much about the bike and have implemented a few of the recommendations. Now if only this snow would disappear.

I am very surprised we get anything before the rest of the world... we are normally made to wait, not sure if I will run them again as I love PR4's so much on previous bikes but they are quite good so far. And very well priced too, much cheaper than everything else here anyway.

I have about 12000 Km (about 7500 miles) on mine, and the front is due for a replacement. The rear still has plenty of life left. I'll replace it with another. I've been very happy with the performance of these tires.

Archived