The Perfect FJ-09

• Premium Member
I got the Penkke 8393 with the component shock spring Hyperco 6 x 600. It all came through Traxxion Dynamics which dialed in all of the settings for my weight and riding style. After one day I can tell a noticeable difference in cornering and "plantedness". I bought the entire package which included the cartridge kit for the front forks.
Do you mean 8983? Penske makes the following for our bikes:
8900E, emulsion type with only 1 adjuster (rebound)
8983 Double adjustable
8987 Triple adjustable

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obviously most of us love our FJ-09's however there's always room for improvement.  I would love to see Yamaha come out with a version the included shaft drive, cruise control, better seating, improved windscreens and standard luggage and heated grips.  These seem to be the options (aside from the shaft drive) that most people discuss.  To me this would be close to the perfect bike.  Of course the cost would be higher but I know what I've already spent and plan on spending in the future to get my bike the way I want it.  I feel it would still be cheaper if Yamaha took care of peoples wants and needs.  Any thoughts?
My 2 cents: I'm selling a 1290 SA w/electronic cruise control.....actually don't care for it much.  I only use a cruise control typically for very short stretches just to give my right hand a brief rest.  At least for me, a well adjusted Vista Cruise works better, the number of movements required to deploy it and disengage it are simpler, smoother and quicker. (for me) 
As far as a shaft...I have mixed feelings, chains are pretty hassle free, long lasting, lighter, better handling and more efficient. Shaft drives are quieter, more expensive and probably smoother.

I would have preferred a one-gallon bigger fuel cell.

Archived