UK owners - Master Security Scheme

It appears that while Yamaha is part of the scheme, under which you can have your bike datatagged by the dealer for no cost, dealers do not do so by default. As a matter of fact when i got mine i was told that it was datatagged, but since i never received any papers from datatag i got concerned and when asked again (along with mentioning Yamaha UK) i was told to drop by to have it datatagged free of charge.

So, if you have doubts check and do not take it for granted !!

Mine was done before I collected, the dealer didn't fit the stickers which is fair enough as everybody's preferences on location would be different.

According to the paperwork from with the master scheme, the dealer is supposed to destroy any leftover datadots, but mine handed over the bottle which had loads left in, which was useful as it meant I was able to tag all the accessories I added!

What do the stickers (not the datadots) look like ?
Here in Australia the scheme is called "Yamaha DNA".
At delivery, the dealer handed over a plastic registration card with the number and barcode,
and the bike has a couple of warning stickers.
IMG_20160401_103942_zpsbgcse3n6.jpgIMG_20160401_104710_zpskddhe1ii.jpg

Yamaha sell plenty of jet skis here (probably more than bikes) so I guess the data dots are pretty waterproof..

• Premium Member
There are a number of systems - alphadot, DNA & Datatag are available in the UK. Yamaha use Datatag in the UK and my tank surround has a Datatag logo as a warning to potential thieves (although most of the time it is covered by a bagster tank bag harness!).

I could add DNA+ to my bike as my insurer has provided a kit for free but not bothered.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

It appears that even if a bike is used and was not datatagged from the dealer, it can still be done by a dealer but it is best to contact Yamaha first to check this. This is what i was told - ... but not very clearly ... - when i called Yamaha UK.

Archived