Motodynamic Flush Mount LED Signals Resistors..

duhs10

For those of you that have installed motodynamic's flush mount LED signals. Where did you place the resistors? I'm afraid to have it so close to the plastics since it seems to get very hot.

Any advice would be awesome!

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

The wires were long so I zip tied them above the radiator.
Did you install their sequential taillight as well? Wondering if I need to use both sets of resistors or if the ones for the taillight work for the whole system. 

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Scrape the resistors and order a new flasher from TST industries. It was like twenty bucks and cleans up the wiring tremendously. Install of the flasher takes maybe 3 minutes

Was just looking at that.. I think I will go ahead and order one.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

@beanburnham how would the TST flasher relay work with the motodynamics integrated tail light? They way it's wired I'm not sure how to delete the resistors.. there isn't a ground going into the resistor, but there is one coming out to the plug. 

The flush mounts will be straight forward with the flasher relay 

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I had my buddy who is a master mechanic install the rear cuz I had the same question. I believe he kept the resistors on the rear and mounted them next to the tool kit tray instead of down the subframe rails like suggested by MotoDynamics. He said it was easier to keep the resistors for the integrated taillight only. The front flush mounts are easy plug and play now and I ran LEDs with the integrated taillight. With the flasher I don't have to worry about resistors on the rear LEDs. For twenty bucks it was an easy call to avoid resistors on the front flush mounts and additional rear LEDs

@beanburnham how would the TST flasher relay work with the motodynamics integrated tail light? They way it's wired I'm not sure how to delete the resistors.. there isn't a ground going into the resistor, but there is one coming out to the plug.  
The flush mounts will be straight forward with the flasher relay 
Pull your flasher before you order make sure it's the right one because they don't have the FJ-09 listed. I ordered the FZ and it wasn't the same. Had to return it and order the Gen2 I think it was  

disregard, I found it for you. 
https://tstindustries.com/LED-Flasher-Relay-Gen2.html

• Premium Member
It's my understanding that the resistors will only heat up when the lights are flashing. I typically don't let my signals flash for very long. I have touched the resistors after long rides just to see how warm they get and they didn't seem to be hot at all.

Let’s go Brandon

Archived