Plastic LCD Screen

<abbr data-timestamp="1459993285000" class="time" title="Apr 6, 2016 21:41:25 GMT -4">Apr 6, 2016 21:41:25 GMT -4</abbr> [span][a title=@kiwicanuck" href="/user/2702][span]kiwicanuck[/span][/a][/span] said: 
...I scratched mine (don't ask)...[span][/span]

...oh, come on B-| !! In the name of prevention...
LOL. I was riding in the weekend in some back roads and my dash got covered in light dirt. in my stupidness I tried to clean screen with my gloves and with two swipes I have scratched the screen. Very silly and I was very @#$.  Maybe I will just live with the scratches and my OCD. Thanks Piotrek 

• Premium Member
Hi everyone 
Does any one know if you can buy a replacement Plastic cover/panel for the LCD dash. I scratched mine (don't ask) and trying to see if it can be replaced.

Thank you
Calvin

The screen needs an anti-glare covering anyway so apply one to cover the scratches. I bought THIS and cut it to the exact size of the display. Works nicely! Only $11 shipped and there's enough for at least 3 attempts.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Hi everyone 
Does any one know if you can buy a replacement Plastic cover/panel for the LCD dash. I scratched mine (don't ask) and trying to see if it can be replaced.

Thank you
Calvin

The screen needs an anti-glare covering anyway so apply one to cover the scratches. I bought THIS and cut it to the exact size of the display. Works nicely! Only $11 shipped and there's enough for at least 3 attempts.
Thanks Clint I will check it out.  

Are the scratches too deep for proper pespex polish, and some elbow grease?

I use this ... http://www.xerapol.de/english/ on screens, and its quite surprising what you can get rid of, scratch wise
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Try some Novus fine scratch remover #2. Pretty good stuff. Dust/dirt and bugs just show you've actually been riding. Seen some wasted windscreens scratched from riders being ocd. I wait till I am home and use a wet towel over the screen to soften the critters. Same with rid screen.

2015 FJ 09 Matte Gray
2006 FJR 1300
IBA member

• 2 weeks later...
It would be cool if someone in China started to make a glass screen protector for the FJ09, but unlike the tens of millions of cell phones, our bikes are just not produced in high enough numbers I suppose.

Cutting down a anti-glare screen is a good idea. Might make reading them hard from the side depending on the screen.

my mate had some meguiars mirror glaze plastic cleaner and polish and I tried it on the dash, it removed most of the scratches and screen looks almost like new( my mate couldn't see any marks left) so I recommended it for the dash. Iam happy now.

• Premium Member
If the scratches aren't too severe or deep, you may have good luck buffing it out using Plexus polish and a clean microfiber cloth.

Wouldn't hurt to keep a can of this around anyway, it's perfect for cleaning helmets, shields, windscreens and other plastic bits.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• 9 months later...
I have some tiny scratches on mine and I'm gonna try this product on it. I had this on the shelf already from my jeeping days, it was supposed to work well to remove scratches from soft top windows. I just used it the other day to remove scratches from my f150 gauge cluster. I rested an iPad on it the other day to monitor some stuff and the dust covering it combined with a bumpy road left some nice scratches. It removed them completely so I'm confident it'll remove them from the FJ instrument cluster as well.

NOVUS 7136 Plastic Polish Kit - 2 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UD0GIG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_aE-NybV2922NA

Archived