• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

FJ's new home

builderbob

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Well, I spent the entire last weekend sealing & priming 520 linear feet of raw cedar siding & trim for the front of the garage. Started putting it up yesterday and this is as far as I got by Sunday afternoon. The Florida heat really takes it out of you this time of year.

The sides and back are getting Hardie Plank siding and I've decided to bring the pros in for that. It would absolutely take forever if I did that myself.

Custom insulated garage doors in 2 weeks!

Siding.JPG

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member
Been a while since I updated this thread.  Basically finished and I've been using the garage for storage for a while, but it's final interior configuration has been waiting for me to have time to epoxy finish the floor.

That time came this weekend.  Hauled everything out and prepped the concrete yesterday.  Put down Rustoleum Rocksolid today.  Turned out great!  Now, I can configure my workshop!

Floor.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • Premium Member
Thank you, root, for rescuing this thread from the abyss. There's been a request for an update.

The garage has been finished for a while now and I've managed to fill it up with stuff. Of course, the FJ has a prominent place in it.

I looked around for used cabinets on Craigslist for a while and finally found a real deal for these commercial grade ones. All cabinet grade plywood construction covered in Formica. In addition to the ones in the picture, there are two more large wall cabinets that you can't see. All for $200.

Interior.jpg

Pretty well stuffed now.  When I built it, I didn't know that I'd be keeping a boat in there.  Neighborhood regs won't let me keep in the driveway.  My car still has to sleep outside.  :'(   All the interior lights are LED.  Very BRIGHT!  $34 each from Costco.

Stuffed.JPG

And, the exterior.  Matches the style of the main house.  It was a great project and I saved a lot of money by doing quite a bit of the work myself.  Happy with the results.

Exterior.jpg

Archived