AN IDIOTS GUIDE TO SUSPENSION SET UP & ADJUSTMENT

justplainbill

Hey guys. After a lot of research and suspensión tweaking I wanted to share my experience. One of the things that made me doubt on wether to buy the FJ09 or not was the head wobble.
I based my setting on the MCN mag setup.
I weight 85KG with full gear and had a lot of wobble with standard settings.
My current settings make the bike track like an arrow and have almost no dive when breaking.

Fork Preload: 2 Turns Out from full
Fork Rebound: 8 Clicks
Shock Preload: 4/7
Shock Rebound: 1 & 1/4 turns out from full.

Try this setting. Its awesome!

Hello nlukauskis,

Could you kindly clarify a point for me - when you say 2 turns out from Full - do you mean 2 turns out from the tightest setting or in other words, Go clockwise all the way in and then go counter-clockwise 2 full turns?

Is it the same principle for the Rear rebound too? Thanks a lot!

• Supporting Member
Hello nlukauskis, 
Could you kindly clarify a point for me - when you say 2 turns out from Full - do you mean 2 turns out from the tightest setting or in other words, Go clockwise all the way in and then go counter-clockwise 2 full turns?

Is it the same principle for the Rear rebound too? Thanks a lot!
Suspension settings are "usually" worded as # clicks out (counter-clockwise) from full closed. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 weeks later...
Hello All,

I weigh about 190 lbs with full gear - so used a combination of norcal616 and nlukauskis. THANKS A LOT to both of them for documenting their settings! - result is that the bike is holding the line much better, no wobbly effect on curves, very little brake dive and overall good behavior! :-)

Here are my final settings:
Front forks:
Preload, 24/64 inch from top of fork cap to bottom of adjuster. (about 1 cm)
Rebound, 7 clicks out (ccw) from full in.
Rear shock:
Rebound, 1.25 turns out (ccw) from full in.
Preload, position 5 from full soft.

Read more: http://fj-09.org/thread/4703/best-settings-stock-suspension-me#ixzz4ZucMzQpn

Archived