Sargent seat in Europe - UK based distributor has prices now

• Premium Member
http://www.sargentcycle.co.uk/acatalog/mt-09-tracer-2015-on-front-and-rear-motorcycle-seats.html

Prices have been announced - standard 2 piece seat is £356 delivered to a UK address. This has Carbon effect fabric & black piping

Coloured piping is an extra £19.

Heat is extra £120 per seat (so £240 for rider & pillion)

The backrest is an eye watering £365 so get a Givi topbox!

The UK distributor has the rights for the whole of Europe so EU/EEA prices will be the same plus extra for shipping. Non EU/EEA countries may have to pay import tax. 

In the US, the seat is $470 plus $20 shipping so only about a £20 difference, which is remarkable based on past experience of UK/US price differentials.

However, I paid £261 to get my Bagster seat, so the Sargent is still an expensive option. 

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
ouch, 456€, that's pretty expensive compared to a custom one made by a local craftsman
Remember, the Bagster, Corbin and Sargent seats come with a new seat pan so you are not making a like for like comparison. 
If you have your seat modified that is a one off cost for which you benefit from for however long you own the bike. You are unlikely to recover any of that cost when you sell the bike. 

With the Bagster/Sargent/Corbin seat you have some choices. You can sell the OE seat(s) straight away to offset the cost of the new seat or you can keep both seats, then refit the OE seat when you change the bike and sell the Bagster/Sargent/Corbin one. I will take the 2nd option and I will probably recover £150 of the £261 outlay. The maths don't look so bad now, compared to paying £60 to £100 to have my seat modified by someone like Tony Archer. Especially as whilst the seat is away being modified, you cannot ride the bike. 

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Although I'm happy with Bagster I kind wish I'd waited. The Bagster is fine to sit on but it does slope down a little too much while the Sargent appears to be flat and also wider.

Although I'm happy with Bagster I kind wish I'd waited. The Bagster is fine to sit on but it does slope down a little too much while the Sargent appears to be flat and also wider.
Very interested in this comment/ experience, johan, as my Bagster seat is currently winging its way to me.   Care to elaborate?   Just eyeballing my OE seat (set at the low level, but really either does, at only 15mm difference) the seat - from side on - doesn't appear to slope downwards/ forward much at all, and I'm certainly not unhappy at that part of its design. Does the Bagster have a much more pronounced downwards/ forwards slope?   Do you find yourself sliding forwards under braking, etc?
Also - is the Bagster seat able to be set into the alternative low/ high positions, as the OE?
Will appreciate any other thoughts on it.
[em]Wordsmith[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
Bagster has the same slope as the OE seat

Yes, you slide forward but I don't find it too much of a problem, I just move back periodically, which is the sort of shuffling we all do to flex limbs on a longer journey.

Yes the Bagster seat fits in high or low positions.

I think all of these points have been covered in the Bagster specific thread.

• Premium Member
Very interested in this comment/ experience, johan, as my Bagster seat is currently winging its way to me.   Care to elaborate?   Just eyeballing my OE seat (set at the low level, but really either does, at only 15mm difference) the seat - from side on - doesn't appear to slope downwards/ forward much at all, and I'm certainly not unhappy at that part of its design. Does the Bagster have a much more pronounced downwards/ forwards slope?   Do you find yourself sliding forwards under braking, etc?
Also - is the Bagster seat able to be set into the alternative low/ high positions, as the OE?
Will appreciate any other thoughts on it.
[em]Wordsmith[/em]

It's by no means bad, and certainly a real improvement over the original seat. I do find myself sliding back and forth more, and it could be because the material is more slippery, or even because I've used Nickwax to seal it. As I say, I notice it, but the seat is still more comfortable, so don't fear you should be happy with the purchase. 
Looking at the photos the Sargent seat does appear to be flatter and wider, and for that reason looks to me to be very comfortable. I'll wait for feedback.

• Premium Member
Des that link to the Sargeant UK site really say £315 for the backrest???
they have reduced it by £50 - bargain!

• 1 month later...
Are they any good? I got the yamaha original comfort seat and its the same crap as the original seat... rougly 260$
I really like my Sargent seat. Significant improvement over atock. I initially purchased one with the Carbon FX cover but felt it was too slick with my textile riding pants, so I had them recover it with the Performance Plus cover.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...