New owner from Sacramento, California

motoskir

• Premium Member
Hello everyone,

I fell in love with the FJ-09 ever since I saw it on the Yamaha website. That was around November of last year, and I couldn't wait until they started shipping. I swear I watched every you-tube video and review I could find, and everything pointed to this bike being the one I wanted next. I have had a few different bikes over the years, including the FJR1300 which I really loved. But due to some financial problems, I was forced to sell it about three years ago, and was bikeless since. I have always loved the sport-tourer bikes, and the riding positions they have. I even tried a cruiser, the Yamaha Warrior, but couldn't get used to the feet forward position. I wanted another sport-tourer, but most of them are too pricey (Such as the BMW R1200GS, or even the new FJR1300). So when I saw this one, and at a great price, I was hooked. Finally, I was able to walk into the dealer this past Monday, 1/26/15 and come out with a Matte Grey FJ-09. They had a red one too, but none of my gear would match it, haha! I have been riding it around town ever since, and love every bit of it. Nobody will be disappointed!! The only thing I can complain about is that they didn't have the saddlebags in stock yet, so I had to put them on back order. I am glad I found this forum, and look forward to seeing everyone's posts and especially any new accessories that come out for it. Thanks!!

• Premium Member
Well, I tried to post a picture of my bike taken right after I got it home from the dealer, but I can't seem up download it. I guess I will have to figure out how to do that, so I can share some of my pictures. Any easier way of doing it?

Guest eatpasta
. Finally, I was able to walk into the dealer this past Monday, 1/26/15 and come out with a Matte Grey FJ-09. They had a red one too, but none of my gear would match it, haha!
doh!  Dont ever admit that you're into gear/bike fashion! 
;)

Well at least with the grey bike, it will match anything - right?  Welcome to the site!!!  We are growing by leaps and bounds every day

• Premium Member
Well, I tried to post a picture of my bike taken right after I got it home from the dealer, but I can't seem up download it. I guess I will have to figure out how to do that, so I can share some of my pictures. Any easier way of doing it? 

You can post direct direct links so you won't have to download anything to the forum. I could sign up for Photobucket or imgur. start a gallery there are copy a link in your post here. I personally use Dropbox a lot because it has some extra features I like.

I've marked the direct link in this example in red:

how%20to%20post%20pics.jpg

You can post direct direct links so you won't have to download anything to the forum. I could sign up for Photobucket or imgur. start a gallery there are copy a link in your post here. I personally use Dropbox a lot because it has some extra features I like. 
I've marked the direct link in this example in red:

how%20to%20post%20pics.jpg

With IMGUR, you can simply drag and drag photos from imgur into your post.

• Premium Member
Here is my FJ-09 just after bringing it home from the dealer. I need to get some better pictures of it to post, but want to get some accessories for it first.

B9DJF98.jpg

5lDzAps.jpg?1

UfjGuyV.jpg?1

Guest eatpasta
you'd better start riding, like right now before june comes around and if you take that thing outside, it will melt into the sidewalk.

On and congrats!! Im jealous....

• Premium Member
Welcome aboard. You are close enough for a gathering if we ever have one. Did one last year at Sparks NV and had a blast. Those roads are fantastic and would be even better on the light FJ.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
Thanks everybody!! I am loving it already, and eatpasta, that avatar is pretty cool !!
well feel free to use it seeing as it your bike.... 
O_o

and hey you took it!  I just airbrushed out the crap and added a few lens flares

• Premium Member
I went for a wonderful ride today as it was in the high 60's. I rode out in the countryside Southwest of Sacramento along the levee's and the Sacramento River. Here are a few pics of some of the places I went to.

iGytrhj.jpg

Xx8Ics7.jpg

OK8mP7d.jpg

5PZ8ztG.jpg

9ilNYTt.jpg

Archived