Took the XSR camping this weekend

cman

Put some TKC 80s on that thing and you got yourself a decent little tracker... (I'm assuming the xsr has the revised oil pan)

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Nice looking bike..how do you like it?
Love it!  Love it!  Love it! 
But really, it just appeals to me more than the FJ did which is not to say anything negative about the FJ.

Also, there isn't the same wind noise or buffeting (since there's no windscreen).  Also, I've noticed I feel more comfortable leaning it over in turns and I just enjoy it more.  Of course, that is personal preference.  I've got 1,700 miles on it and would have more if it would ever stop raining here in Texas.  I had 4,000 on the FJ after 9 mos and have only had the XSR for 1.5 mos.

The funny thing is that there are a number of people having the same ABS/TCS light issue we all had when the FJ came out due to a bent / miss-aligned / miss-install ABS/speed sensor.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Do you ever ride two up. Im wondering how the seat handles that.It looks easier for a passenger to climb on thanks
Hey, sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this.  I've been outta State and on Vaca and also just plain away from any forums. 
To answer your question, no, no two up's.  The GF tolerates the motorcycle at best.

With that said, the other day, I was doing a ride with some friends - about 190 miles - and the shorts I was wearing under my riding pants were getting uncomfortable.  As a way to get comfortable, I lifted my butt up and sat on the rear portion of the seat - not quite as far back as where a passenger would it - and I was pleasently surprised and how comfortable the rear portion of the seat felt.

I'd suggest checking doing some googling to see how other say their passengers feel on the back of the bike.  I think I've read (somewhere) people asking/posting about it, but I'm not sure where.

Archived