Blaster X Taillight

Has anyone had experience with the Blaster X taillight, specifically the generation 2? I know it has more options for brake light patterns. Seems to be a much better unit than the motodynamics, which is apparent in the price tag. 

I was hoping to find out what the other brake light patterns look like as there's nothing on the web about it. 
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

I have it on my bike. I didn't get the one with the " dancing light switch" I love it. it's 3x brighter than stock and cleans up the rear by getting rid of the turn signals. if you turn on your hazards then hold the break light it does the dancing light thing.

I have the motodynamics tail light and feel like it does exactly what I need it to do (brake alert, very bright, integrated turn signals). I have no use for a "strobe" or "dancing lights" which is the main difference between the 2. I think both are good products so I don't think you can go wrong with the Blaster X. I went with motodynamics simply because it was half the price of Blaster X.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Has anyone had experience with the Blaster X taillight, specifically the generation 2? I know it has more options for brake light patterns. Seems to be a much better unit than the motodynamics, which is apparent in the price tag.  
I was hoping to find out what the other brake light patterns look like as there's nothing on the web about it. 
Have had a Blaster X on my bike for a year now, and it works perfectly. About a 10 minute install, and I went ahead and got the flasher relay also, NO REGRETS AT  ALL! 

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Have the Blaster x with the relay.
Split the turn signals off to X-ARC.
The fronts are Proton flush mount 6R.
You definitely need the relay the minute you add or remove any of the stock lighting.
Quick install.
I haven't wired setting switch, nor the running lights for the X-ARC.
But she not even a month old at 1200 miles.
Easy stuff 1st.
8-)

2015 FJ-09, Red/Black, Hard Sidecases, Rear Rack with 39L & 50L Top Case, Tank bag with GPS cover. Comfort seat, Now Corban seat, Givi Crash Bars/Sidestand Foot/Sport Touring Windshield, Rad protector, Blaster-x taillight/flasher, HighTechSpeed Proton FZ6R flushmounts (Front) & X-Arc (Rear) additional turn signals & markers, Fender Eliminator/LED plate light. CF fenders/Front extenstion, chain protector and frame filler. Akra Ti exhaust. FTECU with Akro open tune.

Have the Blaster x with the relay. Split the turn signals off to X-ARC.
The fronts are Proton flush mount 6R.
You definitely need the relay the minute you add or remove any of the stock lighting.
Quick install.
I haven't wired setting switch, nor the running lights for the X-ARC.
But she not even a month old at 1200 miles.
Easy stuff 1st.
8-)

I've only got 83 miles on mine and already changed a few thing. I can't help it!

Blaster X is an awesome taillight. Love the customizable options of it.

Anyone have any pics of the installation?

I didn't take any but it's ridiculously easy. Two Allen head screws and your old one is off. Two Allen head screws and the new one is one. All is done under the passenger seat.

Archived