Easy helmet lock.

longboy

On the passenger foot peg brackets there is a couple of threaded bosses on their backside. A M6-30mm long hex bolt can be installed and a #121T Master lock or equivalent  fits over the bolt shank and doesn't slip over the hex head. Loop your D-ring strap over the top of bracket onto the bolt and lock. A minor deterrent as it's not attached to the frame and in the "Thieves Handbook" there is a chapter on hand tools. Those with $450 Shoei helmets find another way!

IMG_2089_zpsmhpuvwmx.jpg

IMG_2090_zpsx9eovs7s.jpg

This would have been useful - but unfortunately if your bike is equipped with the Yamaha pannier-mounting cross-frame struts, these take up those threaded holes in the foot-peg mounts.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
I use the cable locks that come with just about any new gun purchase. The cable is exactly the right length, and you can put it around any number of places on the bike. I also fits easily under your seat.

And best of all, you can usually get them for free from your gun purchasing friends, because most gun owners end up throwing them away in favor of gun vaults or safes, rather than using the cable locks.

Archived