Avon Storm 2 Ultra - sport touring tyres

• Premium Member
http://www.avon-tyres.co.uk/motorcycle/storm-2-ultra

I like these tyres a lot. £180 fitted to the bike at Chris Mullins in Gloucester. Dunlop Roadsmart 2 & Michelin PR4 equivalents are £260.

The rear has done 7600 miles on the MT09 Tracer - some life left in the front but at that price, treated the bike to a new set.

Shame the fitting ape bent the ABS encoder wheel on the rear tyre. It's straighter and working now but no quibbles, Chris is ordering a new one which can be fitted next time a tyre is changed.

Ideal "sport-touring" fitment for any midweight bike, tested in most conditions including the very wet Eiffel Mountains in March and the baking hot Auvergne/Welsh Marches in summer.

For lardier bikes they do a Storm 3 which is equivalent to Michelin PR4 GT

storm%202%20Ultra.jpg?1304503376

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I settled on Avon sport touring tires on my TT600 years ago. Can't remember the model now, but I went through a few sets and was happy.

They offer a 15,000 mile tread wear warranty on the Storm 3D in the USA. It'd be interesting to hear from a Tracer/FJ rider who has tried this tire.

Last weekend I struggled with the idea of either sticking with my known great street tire, the Michellin PR3 or to go with a
semi off road set.
After some scouring and research, I decided to go with the Avon AV53/54 series of 90/10 on/off road.
After a week of beating em up on the street and hitting gravel and loose sand on a couple fire roads,
I'd have to say these are an amazing buy!
I had em purchased and mounted locally for $360 USD.
The surprising thing is, they are SUPER sticky on the street. My only concern now, is how long they will last.
On my PR3's with my VFR, I tend to get 20k out of a set of tires. I seemed to only get 10k out of the
Dunlops that came OEM.
Avon_AV.jpg

Last weekend I struggled with the idea of either sticking with my known great street tire, the Michellin PR3 or to go with a semi off road set.
After some scouring and research, I decided to go with the Avon AV53/54 series of 90/10 on/off road.
After a week of beating em up on the street and hitting gravel and loose sand on a couple fire roads,
I'd have to say these are an amazing buy!
I had em purchased and mounted locally for $360 USD.
The surprising thing is, they are SUPER sticky on the street. My only concern now, is how long they will last.
On my PR3's with my VFR, I tend to get 20k out of a set of tires. I seemed to only get 10k out of the
Dunlops that came OEM.
Avon_AV.jpg

They look nice. Any pics of them on the bike?

Archived