New Yamaha Ténéré Could Be a Middleweight Triple?

jetfixer

I just sold my 2012 WRR to buy me an FJ.....now you guys are starting to make me regret my decision. HOWEVER, the FJ isn't in my garage just yet; that would make me regret less, much less.
When I have some more $$$, I will have another WRR....and the FJ!

the best Dual sport bike I have ever owned was a DRZ-400S. Street legal, I would ride that out the Garage, to the trails behind Boise, up and over Mountains and just have a blast and then back on the road and back home again. I should have never gotten rid of that DRZ. Best do it all bike I ever owned. I miss it more than any bike I ever owned.
That's what I currently have and use for the same ride profile.  Take it out, go blast around the local mountain trails then home for supper.  I recently outfitted it with a Seat Concepts seat, windshield, Clark 3.9 gallon tank and hard top case and plan to ride it to a rally for small dual sports this June in West Virginia.  People don't generally drive a DRZ x-country but I think it'll do fine. 
DRZ%2520Joe%2527s%2520Creek%2520Crossing.jpg?gl=US

BTW....are you talking about BYOB Rally this June??? I was planning on going too....until the FJ09 forced me to sell my WRR!  That trip looks like it will undoubtedly be a blast....get muddy enough for the both of us!!

I just sold my 2012 WRR to buy me an FJ.....now you guys are starting to make me regret my decision. HOWEVER, the FJ isn't in my garage just yet; that would make me regret less, much less. When I have some more $$$, I will have another WRR....and the FJ!
I replaced my 2009 WR250X/R (both sets of wheels) with a 2015 KTM 690 R. No regrets!  ;)

I'll never have a big ADV bike, or a big sport tourer (FJR, Connie14, ST13, etc.) I like light bikes!
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• 4 months later...
I love the look and that it would be a yamaha. Would be a great bike to replace my ktm 990r.

yes its big and is hard to lift so I just don't drop it its very capable 80% of what I can do on my xr650r I can do on it two up. Just I dont ride it in the mud.

• Premium Member
I see the big adventure bikes as being useful on a long tour that includes a lot of logging or fire roads. Yes, a bike like the FJ-09 can handle such roads but something with moderate knobbies and stronger wheels would definitely be better suited. In Oregon we have literally thousands of miles of logging roads begging to be explored.

• 1 month later...
I see the big adventure bikes as being useful on a long tour that includes a lot of logging or fire roads....
 This is precisely what I find my GSA to be so good for. It's all day comfortable, can carry all the gear you could ever want, takes twisties like a sport bike, 300 mile range, and when the road turns to gravel or dirt you keep on going. Fire roads are no problem as long as they're dry (I run 90/10 tires). It's an "all-roads" tourer, not a dirt bike. 

Archived