Question about WA state motorcycle inspection

• Premium Member
Does this include emissions testing? I'm strongly considering the Akrapovic Ti system and ECU flash. I may need to move to WA in the next year or so. I'm wondering if I would be setting myself up for a failed inspection.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• Premium Member
I do recommend that you keep the OEM exhaust in a box somewhere. In the (admittedly rare) case where you get a fix-it ticket for aftermarket exhaust, you can slap the stocker back on for the court ordered inspection.

I know this sounds like a corner case, but it happened to me many years ago in CA and not having a stock exhaust handy was a huge PITA.

• Premium Member
I do recommend that you keep the OEM exhaust in a box somewhere. In the (admittedly rare) case where you get a fix-it ticket for aftermarket exhaust, you can slap the stocker back on for the court ordered inspection.  
I know this sounds like a corner case, but it happened to me many years ago in CA and not having a stock exhaust handy was a huge PITA.
Wise advice, I always keep all my original parts. I'm not sure I'll ever need to go back, but some parts are valuable, and when you decide to sell the bike, the new and improved parts may get you more money sold individually, than included on the bike for sale.

Archived