Trade in bikes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Planning to trade my Guzzi Stelvio for the FJ. Wanting less weight and lower CG for lighter handling. It looks like the FJ is the bike I've been waiting for for 30 years but that's what I thought a dozen bikes ago. Plus, I'm happy with the way it is bone stock. If I wanted more of anything else I'd get a bike that had that.
Trading the shaft for a chain is OK with me. Chains are easy to maintain and are a lot less weight. Like that the FJ has a cernterstand.

Planning to trade my Guzzi Stelvio for the FJ. Wanting less weight and lower CG for lighter handling. It looks like the FJ is the bike I've been waiting for for 30 years but that's what I thought a dozen bikes ago. Plus, I'm happy with the way it is bone stock. If I wanted more of anything else I'd get a bike that had that. Trading the shaft for a chain is OK with me. Chains are easy to maintain and are a lot less weight. Like that the FJ has a cernterstand.

Hi oldfrt, thanks for joining us! That Stelvio is a great bike, I love Guzzi's but understand the attraction to the FJ. I ride an FZ-09 and love the lightweight an it is so easy to toss into the corners.

Guest eatpasta
Planning to trade my Guzzi Stelvio for the FJ. Wanting less weight and lower CG for lighter handling. It looks like the FJ is the bike I've been waiting for for 30 years but that's what I thought a dozen bikes ago. Plus, I'm happy with the way it is bone stock. If I wanted more of anything else I'd get a bike that had that. Trading the shaft for a chain is OK with me. Chains are easy to maintain and are a lot less weight. Like that the FJ has a cernterstand.

Ive gotten real spoiled by the shaft on my last two bikes.  Ive started to forget that I even have a chain on my Speed Triple!

:D

My family (SWMBO) and me are trading four for two.
I am part-ex ing my ST1200XT and my MT-09 street tracker, and SWMBO her triumph Thruxton and her Xj6 diversion.
So red and a grey MT-09 Tracers will be our tools for this years ride outs and European touring.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Another FJR1300 sold for the F-Jay. Loved the FJR, but hated the weight going slow. I love the new F-Jay every time I ride it. p3rry_zpsjpvxnqqr.gif
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
My 2012 super Tenere is up for sale to finance an fj-09, if it doesn't sell, I'll remove all the upgrades and try to trade it in.
I tried selling my 2011 Super Ténéré privately but there were no takers in the 3 weeks between placing an order and taking delivery on 3rd March, so I stripped it of farkles and traded in to my Yamaha dealer.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Traded in a 2014 VMAX for my FJ09 it was incredibly fast but a little too much for me im afraid.
must be nice to have a bike that want's to go around corners now :) 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived