Wheel stripes, whatcha think?

b12ty

Liking the blue!! Didn't think it would work on that colour bike, but it really does!! 
Got mine done today with the gold!!  Loving the look!!  Yamaha tank pads added as well.

IMG_2857.jpg

this looks nice, i want to try it on a red one, where did you get the wheel stripes?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Liking the blue!! Didn't think it would work on that colour bike, but it really does!! 
Got mine done today with the gold!!  Loving the look!!  Yamaha tank pads added as well.

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

That looks really good I might have to do the same to mine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
Any suggestions on how to put them on straight.. Technique please..
Just eye ball it and use a consistent finger position when placing the tape down. Limit your placements to 2 inches at a time or the concentricity can wander. The good news is nobody will notice if it is off a smidge unless they get right up on it. I also recommend a brighter red than the plastic color as it will get dirty fast and will look dull like mine.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 5 weeks later...
I like the stripes, esp red on the red bikes, but I would opt for a much skinnier stripe, perhaps 2 or 3 mm?

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• 1 year later...
Friends! I would like to have DIY rim stickers like this: http://www.ebay.it/itm/ADESIVI-PROFILI-RUOTA-CERCHI-STICKERS-MT-09-FJ-09-TRACER-900-850-BIANCO-ROSSO-/351500688753?hash=item51d712dd71 
Dont want to pay 36 euro for it :) Looking for Tracer Vector Logotype. Where I can download it?
I like the wheels in that add.  Much better finish, easier to clean. 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• 4 weeks later...
desertfjr... great looking bike.  I think the wheel strips look great.  Also, love several of the other mods I see you've done... those flush mount turn signals look great.  I will be looking for those for my bike as well.  Where did you get them?  Easy to install?

Archived