Wheel stripes, whatcha think?

b12ty

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I like it Ty, you will have to show me how to do it.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Looks great. I will do the same as that is one of the things I liked about the FZ. I would have traded wheels but the FZ's aren't set up for abs.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Hi Ty, I'm usually not in to rim tape. But, that looks great! Nice touch with the FJ-09 bit. Good work.
But, c'mon mate, lose the front & rear side reflectors. Your push bike has them, not your speed machine!
Cheers,
Steve
I've never tried rim tape either! I figured if I don't like em, i'll just rip em off. So far, so good. :)) 
Oh, and no reflectors will get you a ticket here in Ca. :-S

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

its amazing how much of an impact that tiny detail has on the look of the whole bike
My FZ has a red strip on the wheels and I liked that.  I was a little disappointed to see that none of the new FZ's and the FJ didn't have a stripe on the wheels.  I ordered 5mm stripes.   
I was thinking about clear coating after installing.  Has anyone done that?

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived