Wheel stripes, whatcha think?

b12ty

Tip: The instructions will tell you to either peel the decal off and try to stick it on, or soap up the wheel and slide the graphic on. I had good luck cutting out each strip and peeling the backing off a couple inches at a time, rotating the wheel as you go.

A couple pieces of 4x4's under the header lets you rotate the front wheel. ( Good for future tire changes too! )

Ty
'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks great. I will do the same as that is one of the things I liked about the FZ. I would have traded wheels but the FZ's aren't set up for abs.
Funny you should say that. It was my friends FZ-09's wheels that inspired me to put stripes on mine! 
Ty

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Just installed wheel stripes on my bike. Let me know what you think. :)) 
Had them printed up in the darkest red they had, look more orangey in the pics.

Bought the set here: Ebay  Chose the 6mm width, the smallest stripe that can have printing on them.

w1.jpg

Man Ty, I looked at your ebay link and found so many different designs. I liked the red and white one, but think it may be a little to Ducati like. Did you fancy any other color combinations? Too much, linky?

RED.jpg

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Just installed wheel stripes on my bike. Let me know what you think. :)) 
Had them printed up in the darkest red they had, look more orangey in the pics.

Bought the set here: Ebay  Chose the 6mm width, the smallest stripe that can have printing on them.

w1.jpg

Man Ty, I looked at your ebay link and found so many different designs. I liked the red and white one, but think it may be a little to Ducati like. Did you fancy any other color combinations? Too much, linky?

RED.jpg

The only thing I may have done differently would be to consider silver lettering instead of black. May show up more? Also maybe have the "Yamaha FJ-09" in a more fancy font, perhaps even with a logo? The pic you posted says Ducati to me also. P-) Not sure?

Ty
( dont forget to check your PMs!! )

• 2 weeks later...
It's amazing how that rim tape brings the red bike together. I wasn't even considering buying the red Fj and now that I've seen it with rim tape, I can't imagine not buying a red one! That and the red Cox radiator gaurd really make the red bikes pop

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Looks good - I'll get the same for mine. Also plan to have some decals made up to match the (as it's called here) logo that's on the side front fairing/ shroud of the bike, in matching red, and will place these on the pannier lids. Have done this before on other bikes and it does 'lift' that otherwise bland and empty part of the bike without being OTT.

Nice touch..

L of S

• 3 weeks later...
I have a matte black FJ, added 8 mm blue reflective rim tape. Actually adds a bit of needed color to the bike. If I wasn't computer stupid I would add pics
I MUST see a matte FJ with rim tapes!!
I'll do my best to post pics late next week.

Archived