First ride of 2017 for Me!!

ULEWZ

• Premium Member
It has been a few months since I have ridden, but today was the day. Dropped the forks 4/10 in. just for giggles (great turn in and puts weight over the front end for high speed stability). Took out on the Southern California roads to see what was open. The following are closed still from last weeks rain:
Little Tujunga
Lower Big Tujunga
Highway 2 (Angeles Crest)
Angeles Forrest

With those closures in mind, i took Vasquez Canyon (finally reopened) to Bouquet Canyon (wet in spots, but doable), to Spunky Canyon (a little sandy, but doable), to the Rock Inn for lunch. For the home trek, I took Lake Hughes (a little dirty, but doable).
That is all.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
That is all??? THAT IS ALL???

For the love of all that's holy, tell us poor, winter-grounded schmucks what it felt like!
Was it amazing? Is the FJ as awesome a steed as we remember…?

(and put a little elbow grease into it…) ;)

• Premium Member
It has been a few months since I have ridden, but today was the day. Dropped the forks 4/10 in. just for giggles (great turn in and puts weight over the front end for high speed stability). Took out on the Southern California roads to see what was open. The following are closed still from last weeks rain: Little Tujunga
Lower Big Tujunga
Highway 2 (Angeles Crest)
Angeles Forrest

With those closures in mind, i took Vasquez Canyon (finally reopened) to Bouquet Canyon (wet in spots, but doable), to Spunky Canyon (a little sandy, but doable), to the Rock Inn for lunch. For the home trek, I took Lake Hughes (a little dirty, but doable).
That is all.

You are killing me. I have a brother who lives in the Oakland/San Fran area. People there ride year-round. Many don't even have cars, the bike IS their transportation. If I could afford to live there, I'd move there just for that reason. As luck would have it, since I shipped my forks out on Dec 23, we've had the warmest winter here in southern Indiana that I can remember. Lots of days in the 50's and even 60's. I don't deserve this torture.

• Premium Member
The FJ is my primary transport here in western Oregon, although this winter has been unusual. So far this winter there have been almost three weeks worth of days where I had to drive the cage due to snow or ice. Last winter I think there were maybe 2-3 days total.

• Premium Member
I lost my father-in-law in December and I'm kinda grounded dealing with that for the next few months, but if you guys do a SoCal ride come spring, hopefully I'll be able to get out there with ya!

Chadman http://www.twistypedia.com
The roster: '79 Honda XL 125 '83, Honda Ascot VT500, '84 Kawasaki GPz 550, '83 Honda VF700, '86 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '87 Kawasaki Ninja 1000, '84 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '96 Honda CBR600F, '98 Kawasaki ZX-7R, '85 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '01 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '16 Yamaha FJ-09, '15 Yamaha FJR1300ES, KTM 1290 Super Duke GT

Archived