Greetings from Houston

texscottyd

• Supporting Member
Hello from Houston.  I've had my FJ-09 for about a year, and figured it was time to finally introduce myself after lurking around the forum for months.  

I've put about 5,000 miles on my red 2015, and absolutely love it so far.  It's proven to be a great all-around sport tourer, and really suits what I'm looking for in a bike at this point in my life.   I'm 52, 6'1"/225, and after decades riding of sportbikes, the more relaxed ergonomics of the FJ are a welcome change.   Honestly, it feels like an oversized dirt bike, with a great motor and factory luggage.  I also have a first generation Aprilia Mille R in the garage, a Kawasaki 636 track bike, and a couple other odds & ends project bikes.

My complaints with the FJ are few, and all things that are easy to address.  The biggest issue has been - in my opinion - the woefully inadequate stock suspension.  The bike is at the shop right now for an Ohlins YA-535 shock, forks, and new Michelin Pilot Road 4s...   The stock tires were toast at 4,800 miles, so I figured it made sense to do the suspension and new tires at the same time.   I'm anxious to get it back, and anticipate a big transformation in the way it rides.  An ECU reflash is likely next on the to-do list, but otherwise I don't think it needs much else. 

I've picked up lots of great information from the forums, and look forward to participating moving forward.

Hi texscottyd,

Welcome and glad you found heaps of information to help you out. Yeah you're right, the stock suspension and tires are crap.

You'll notice the changes instantly when you get your bike back.

Happy riding.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• Supporting Member

There's an understatement! I spent the day yesterday getting familiar with the new setup, and believe that 'transformational' is a legitimate term to use.

• Premium Member

There's an understatement! I spent the day yesterday getting familiar with the new setup, and believe that 'transformational' is a legitimate term to use.
Just wait'll you get the ECU flashed...it just keeps getting better!

Archived