I made the right decision with my purchase, and
it indeed cures most of the obnoxious wind
buffering noise inside my helmet, not to mention
giving the bike a more sleek look with the smaller
shield.

PS: This forum is a treasure trove of information,
You guys rock!

• Supporting Member
Post up a quick review on the new screen when you get a few rides with it in low and high position. Also include your height and inseam so others can compare your results.
I can tolerate some wind noise since I wear ear plugs, but I cant stand helmet turbulence or buffeting.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Screen_4.jpg

Screen_5.jpg

Hello guys, my new shorty tinted screen from CalSci arrived early this afternoon, and I was able to mount it quickly before going to work. If the weather cooperates tomorrow, I'll take it for a quick ride and report back on how good the new screen works, along with some better photos.

I just picked up my FJ-09 and drove it home 200 miles. That windscreen is god awful. The CalSci one looks good. I'm curious how it works for you. I'm debating going small or large. I'm 6'4 with a 34" inseam and with a Shoei Qwest helmet it was whisper quite when I riding on the FJ standing up.

Ok everyone, here's the scoop on my first ride with
the new screen. Yes it's an improvement, but not
100%. I'm still getting some buffering noise, but
nothing like the stock screen. I'm 5'9" in height, with
a 32 inseam, and my seat is set on the low position. I did notice that while out on my ride, If I would ever so slightly stand
up on my pegs, I was immediately surrounded
in clean quiet air, so this tells me me the new shield
Is still a little to tall. When I placed my order, I was informed that I could
return the screen to be cut down an inch or so if after my first ride I decided that it's still to tall, but then I would be spending even more coin for shipping on a windscreen that already has set me back some good coin. Debating if I should just sell it and grab something different.

I just picked up my FJ-09 and drove it home 200 miles. That windscreen is god awful. The CalSci one looks good. I'm curious how it works for you. I'm debating going small or large. I'm 6'4 with a 34" inseam and with a Shoei Qwest helmet it was whisper quite when I riding on the FJ standing up.

Your qwest is quiet? Mine whistles like a train if I hold my head on a normal riding position. Hate that helmet!

Your qwest is quiet? Mine whistles like a train if I hold my head on a normal riding position. Hate that helmet!
Have you tried adjusting the visor to stop the whistle

JJM - you may have an issue with that helmet, I've had a Qwest for 4 years and have never experienced any whistling with it, and have ridden a variety of bikes.  I do hear some noise, but it's just a buffeting sound when I don't have the chin guard/dam in place, I guess some gets up into the helmet and knocks around. If you bought it from a dealer they may be willing to have a look at it.  

• Supporting Member
@tripleb - Great information... thanks for the update. Two quick questions: 1) Do you have the handlebars in the stock position, or have you rotated the risers to move the bars forward? 2) What height position is the new screen on?

I'm 6'1", run the seat in the tall position and the bars forward, so it sounds like this CalSci shorty windscreen - at the lowest adjustment position - may be just about perfect.

Thanks!
-Scott

Archived