Red Bull Grand Prix of the America's (MotoGP)

Who's watching motorcycle racing this weekend? Who's attending the event? I hope to attend in person next year. 

In the United States beIN Sports (I know who's heard of it?) has the the contract for MotoGP broadcast. Best legal way I know to get to watch the channel is via Sling Orange+Plus Sports package. For me, I already have Sling TV ($20 a month) so I'm just adding the sports package (+$5) for this month and then I'll cancel it since normally I don't want it, except for MotoGP racing.

If you're not familiar Sling is a no-contract internet based TV provider. So you can turn it on/off every month no penalties. In my house Sling+Netflix is good for us. Who needs cable companies?

You can also stream the races/qualifying events illegally, but I won't post those links here. For $5, I'd rather watch it legally.

If you ever have an opportunity to visit COTA for a race week, you should do it. It's a wonderful track for spectators and there are lots of neat places in and around Austin to visit while you're there. As for watching the races legitimately, I haven't tried beIN but always have a good experience with motogp.com which gives you access to all free practice and qualifying as well and any old races you might want to watch again. I would be interested to hear about the coverage of MotoAmerica races from beIN.

• Premium Member
I've been watching beIN Sports motorcycle racing for years. The coverage is quite good. This year is the best with MotoGP, World Super Bike and MotoAmerica. ? The older I get the less I want to walk all over all the Concrete and pavement for three days. That being said since I live in Western NC I'm thinking of going to Road Atlanta next weekend and to VIR in a few weeks when MotoAmerica is there. I will probably only go on Sunday. However I will also have my DVR set to record the races also.
BTW... this year the motorcycle schedule on my dish satellite guide only lists Motorcycle Racing for these events. Usually IF the schedule really tells what it is AND lists dates or episodes you can schedule ALL new episodes. Not the way the list this. Of course there is no one to contact to complain. So I have to manually go through the guide before each weekend and make individual recordings.

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Supporting Member
I've been watching beIN Sports motorcycle racing for years. The coverage is quite good.
In my region, beIN is only broadcast in Spanish, not a deal breaker, at least I can watch the races.  They cover motoGP on race weekends (all classes) but 99% of their programing is soccer (football). 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Spent the weekend in Austin with the wife at COTA.

Best weekend away we have spent in years. Nothing like seeing motorcycle racing (practice and qualifying) live. Saving up for Laguna Seca and Utah MotoAmerica races this summer.

Archived