Heli-Bar bar risers available

• 2 weeks later...
A good tip on the Helibars instructions for using a rubber-coated clamp for the front brake line where it attaches to the lower tripleclamp to allow raising the bars w/o stress on the brake line. (This clamp replaces the original Yamaha clamp.)

Install instructions-https://www.helibars.com/resources/guides/645/en/HR09117_web.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
A good tip on the Helibars instructions for using a rubber-coated clamp for the front brake line where it attaches to the lower tripleclamp to allow raising the bars w/o stress on the brake line. (This clamp replaces the original Yamaha clamp.) 
Install instructions-https://www.helibars.com/resources/guides/645/en/HR09117_web.pdf

Nice clear, concise and detailed instructions. You don't get that very often 

Installed on mine too, just the right amount of up and back. I tried standard 30mm straight up risers first and wasn't perfectly happy.

My throttle cable is pretty tight when the bars are turned full right -- how is yours @jdm197 ? I adjusted it out to the point where it still works well turned full right, but now there's a little more slop than I'd like when the bars are straight.

I studied the routing of the cables the other night when I did a TB sync hoping to find some easy slack, but I couldn't find any alternative way to route the cables to help.

trey

• 2 weeks later...
FWIW, my solution to the tight throttle cables was to drill another locating hole in the bar so that I could rotate the throttle assembly forward as much as it would go before the cables would foul the brake lever.

It's not much, but it was enough to take all of the stress off of my throttle cables and allow me to adjust the free play nice and tight like I prefer.

trey

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member
At the end of the helibar instructions it says adjust clutch as necessary. 
I kinda got these because I thought cable adjustments. Did anyone of ylu FJ09 riders get it installed no cable issues?
I installed mine a few weeks ago and haven't had any issues whatsoever.  I cant say anything regarding the instructions, I didn't read them.   

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived