DMV Help Please

I moved to Cali recently and spending my 2nd visit at the DMV right now.
We are looking for the Emissions Label or sticker telling me/them that my bike is legal to operate under Ca emissions laws. I cannot find this dang thing! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

• Premium Member
Not sure if you need it to be fixed. See this website from the state of California

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr29

Towards the bottom, it says:

Does This Apply to Someone Moving to California?
If you are moving to California from another state, you may register a new 49-state vehicle if it was first registered by you in your home state, or for military personnel, in the last state of your military service. When applying for vehicle registration in California, you must provide evidence that the vehicle was registered.

So, if you first registered your bike in your previous state, you should be ok

Thank you David!
I'm not sure that the two people that tried to help me knew 100% what they were doing. They sent me to the CHP for my EPA label haha. They sent me away again obviously. Anyways, it may have come off the swingarm location where I would think it would be located. I see a blank space there. I'm going to reach out to Yamaha or a dealership and see if it can be replaced.

The emissions label is under the rear subframe just below the cut out... ?...

I dunno if you can  buy a new "emissions" sticker from Yamaha...at my work the "emissions" labels are highly controlled documents and if someone asked to buy replacement(s) we cannot as we cannot assume the emissions are still legit or if the emissions system was modified... They actually have to send the product back to us for to get a new emissions sticker...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

A long time ago (well over 15 years) in I did some work for a vehicle leasing company in their title and license department. (Business leases, not consumer).

I recall, there were some strange rules with regards to state transfers into the state of California.  

One such 'rule' was not to transfer a vehicle into California that has less than a few thousand miles on the odometer. (I forgot the exact figure).    Literally they told lessees to drive the vehicle around for a few thousand miles before doing the state transfer.  I'm not sure if this was a law, regulation, or a business rule.  But it was explained to me that the California DMV makes it difficult if not impossible to transfer 'new' vehicles into California.  

I recall the word 'blacklisting' was in the context of this, that is CA DMV would blacklist vehicles being transferred in with low miles, preventing any future transfer attempt.

I'm also not sure this would apply to motorcycles.  Hopefully that doesn't scare you too much.  Good luck! :)

A long time ago (well over 15 years) in I did some work for a vehicle leasing company in their title and license department. (Business leases, not consumer). 
I recall, there were some strange rules with regards to state transfers into the state of California.  

One such 'rule' was not to transfer a vehicle into California that has less than a few thousand miles on the odometer. (I forgot the exact figure).    Literally they told lessees to drive the vehicle around for a few thousand miles before doing the state transfer.  I'm not sure if this was a law, regulation, or a business rule.  But it was explained to me that the California DMV makes it difficult if not impossible to transfer 'new' vehicles into California.  

I recall the word 'blacklisting' was in the context of this, that is CA DMV would blacklist vehicles being transferred in with low miles, preventing any future transfer attempt.

I'm also not sure this would apply to motorcycles.  Hopefully that doesn't scare you too much.  Good luck! :)
I believe the mileage is 7500.

'15 FJ09

20170627_164657.jpg

its located right next to the rear brake fluid cup on underside of rear subframe... another sticker is located on right side of frame right next to the steering neck, turn your bars to the left and look down the right fork leg and you will see a white lable on frame

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Thanks to norcal616, I will check on the bike momentarily.
I went as far as going to a dealer in Hayward and looked at their bikes, none of them had labels or stickers on the bike as far as we could find.

YES!! That's exactly what I'm after, or rather the DMV :D!!

Archived