short ride today in winter sunshine...

SHORT RIDE TODAY IN WINTER SUNSHINE...

Took a short ride out today, July 1st, first day of the second month of so-called winter here.  21°C mid-morning (70°F), bright sunny cloudless skies – and far too many cars on the road, it being school holiday time here!

Not wanting to be out too long (dodgy bad back giving me some pain again) I headed the 65km or so to favourite marina-side café and watched the beautiful people perambulating there. Sanctuary Cove is possibly the only place in Oz where you’ll see Rolls Royces lined-up with Bentleys with a backdrop of Ferraris and a sprinkling of Lamborghinis – plus my Tracer from time to time!

The roads in this very wealthy gated-community are also full of golf cars driven by snowy-haired old geezers accompanied by blue-rinse women of a certain age, invariably carrying on their laps small white fluffy yappy dogs! The marina is full of million dollar (and more) boats, rarely seen out of their moorings. I love it!

On the bike I noticed that gear-changes were a bit ‘sticky’ first-off (it was a chilly start so oil was probably a bit sticky too) and getting into N from first or second gear was a bit hit-and-miss too throughout the entire ride, something I’d not noted before. But the bike has recently had its first service which included installing new levers. I checked the free-play on the clutch side and it is according to spec (page 7-19 of Owner’s Manual – 10–15mm free-play at the ball-end of the lever). Any ideas?

The newly–decorated panniers were being broken-in and none of the decals or pin-striping fell off, so that’s a good sign!   They will now be left off until needed.   I'm looking forward now to my ~4500km/ 12 days or so trip north in exactly six weeks time….hope my sore back heals well before departure day.

P1030811.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Looking good Wordy!!
Glad the back held up.

Those semi hard panniers don't look to bad either. Shame I won't see it in the flesh next weekend, but on the plus side you'll meet Dudley.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

Archived