well, this makes oil pan #2 i've smashed

I wrote the whole story with pics here: 

http://4theriders.com/blog/another-fj09-oil-pan-bites-the-dust/

*sigh*  this oil pan is the updated part number too...  

so, i just found out there's a group buy for the Higdonion skid plate (which i've heard rave reviews about), so i'm jumping in on it.  

https://www.groupbuyparts.com/hgd_sv/higdonion-upper-cage-add-on-or-full-crash-cage.html

i've spent over $400 in oil pans alone on the FJ09... i'm not risking another one. BLARGH!

and no, i didn't crash... i was PARKING when i smashed it. GRRRR!

20170701_151953-XL.jpg

20170701_160743-XL.jpg

• Supporting Member

Care to share details of how this happened?  You just might save others from repeating your experience. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Care to share details of how this happened?  You just might save others from repeating your experience.
it happened because i own an FJ09. hahaha!  actually, i posted how in my blog post.  *sigh* i was parking on a giant piece of granite.

• Supporting Member
Not sure now I missed the link to your blog post but damn the bad luck. I will be hyper vigilant when riding or parking on uneven surfaces. You were very fortunate that it happened where it did, and you were able to limp to town to make repairs.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I put on the Higdonion skid plate on when the current design first came out. A month ago I was going a little too fast and came up on a huge pot hole in the pavement. My dirt biking reflexes kicked in and I tried to wheelie through it. Problem was, I forgot traction control prevents wheelies. I cased the Higdonion hard on the opposite side of the pavement. Saved the oil pan, slightly smashed the muffler. The Higdonion skid plate paid for itself.

I put on the Higdonion skid plate on when the current design first came out. A month ago I was going a little too fast and came up on a huge pot hole in the pavement. My dirt biking reflexes kicked in and I tried to wheelie through it. Problem was, I forgot traction control prevents wheelies. I cased the Higdonion hard on the opposite side of the pavement. Saved the oil pan, slightly smashed the muffler. The Higdonion skid plate paid for itself.

That's what I like to hear! Makes me glad I chose this skid plate.

100% of the time I get on the bike, before I even start it, I turn off TC...specifically for the reason you just said. Haha.

Glad you came out mostly unscathed!

After reading your story (stories) and seeing James skid plate last weekend, I added my name into the group buy. Looks like a solid upgrade for the FJ. I'm opting for the trail cage.

yeah, i'm getting the trail skid plate + full cage for both my FJ09 and my FZ07

Archived