24k in 12 months

Hi Guys,
Just notched up 24k on Monday, about 1yr and 1wk into ownership.

Epsom to Bosham (UK) commute daily. About 130 miles round trip depending on the route.

I go into London now a couple of days a week so the mileage has dropped off significantly. Thank God.

Bike going in for 24k service soon.

Hasn't skipped a beat.

Mods - cheap £20 cruise control device.
Givi barn door screen
Vário x-creen (std size). Stupidly I opted for tinted version.
Ye olde Givi e52 (been used on all my bikes).
Heated grips.
Best piece of clothes kit - heated waistcoat. Godsend.

The bike is not without its flaws (suspension in city, fadey breaks, fueling, wide bar-ends), but I don't think any bike would have stood up to the weather, the mileage, the fuel consumption and the hooning this does at this budget.

Yes, an NC750X would be better on fuel, an s1000xr would be a better bike for power and hooning. But this does it all on a budget. Graft, motorway, wheelies.

Also, when it got found in a ditch two weeks ago, nothing was bent. Started first time. Rode it home. Looks as dirty as it did when they stole it (I don't clean it much).

I even take the longer route (+2 degrees) just because it's curvier, prettier and more fun.

I am not in love with it like I was with my last long termer (KTM 990SM), but when I consider the whole package I am definitely in awe of it.

Some pics of the ups and downs.f1966603be74ebeab6a6ddc756687d12.jpgb26811e8a7fa733776f599c1dffd901e.jpg7aff0ce9673e556e402efc8e59216b97.jpgd179c2e3815126c2bedab48d4a8b512b.jpgbd0a4d542df55f4d018513677ed9a8c4.jpg

Epsom to Bosham (UK) commute daily. About 130 miles round trip depending on the route.   
Wow - that's quite some commute, carioca!   I dips me lid to you, sir!

Ex-Londoner

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Hi Guys, Just notched up 24k on Monday, about 1yr and 1wk into ownership.

I go into London now a couple of days a week so the mileage has dropped off significantly. Thank God.

Bike going in for 24k service soon.

Hasn't skipped a beat.

Mods - cheap £20 cruise control device.
Givi barn door screen
Vário x-creen (std size). Stupidly I opted for tinted version.
Ye olde Givi e52 (been used on all my bikes).
Heated grips.
Best piece of clothes kit - heated waistcoat. Godsend.

The bike is not without its flaws (suspension in city, fadey breaks, fueling, wide bar-ends), but I don't think any bike would have stood up to the weather, the mileage, the fuel consumption and the hooning this does at this budget.

Yes, an NC750X would be better on fuel, an s1000xr would be a better bike for power and hooning. But this does it all on a budget. Graft, motorway, wheelies.

Also, when it got found in a ditch two weeks ago, nothing was bent. Started first time. Rode it home. Looks as dirty as it did when they stole it (I don't clean it much).

I even take the longer route (+2 degrees) just because it's curvier, prettier and more fun.

I am not in love with it like I was with my last long termer (KTM 990SM), but when I consider the whole package I am definitely in awe of it.

Some pics of the ups and downs.
That's awesome! Great choice of tire...the PR4s work very well in the cold/wet weather

Archived