Givi top mount and shad top box

motthavensb

Hello everyone. I wanted to install a shad top box on my 2015 FJ09 and see that the bracket is $125. I have a givi M5 mount and notice that the givi mount bracket is $70. Has anyone uses the givi backet yet installed a different box? Does it matter who makes the bracket? I'm waiting for my shad side bracket to come in the mail and curious if I should mix match or if it's possible. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Only experience I have is with top box I picked up from JC Whitney about 6 years ago. It fit my givi mount perfectly. Maybe calling resvzilla or another vendor will spread some light on the subject.

Probably can't be done without modification. You will have to take a look at the Shad plate and see where to drill holes so that you can bolt it to the Givi bracket.

If I ever get a top case, I was planning to mount the Shad plate to the OEM top case bracket.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I had a givi top case and mount on the bike. I took off the plastic givi plate and was able to attach the shad mount to the givi arms. I had to drill a couple holes on the givi arms, but I was able to mount it just fine. It isn't hanging too far off the back either.
'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

Archived