Surging

thetruck454

Bike has just over 5200 miles on it and has been tuned by 2wheeldynoworks. I'm noticing and feeling surging when a ride even as high as 5k rpms. At very low throttle inputs off idle the bike will stumble and catch on occasion. Makes me want to ride slipping the clutch a lot in city traffic. never performed a TB sync so I'm hoping that's the culprit, but do any of you have other suggestions? The surging has slowly come on over the course of the 5k miles so it's not a sudden change.
'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

Good idea about the injectors, I'll run some seafoam through it. The TB sync is on my to do list, the problem is it's way below things like "ride the bike", "finish remodeling the kitchen", and "make sure the g/f doesn't feel less important than all your toys" lol
'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

...The TB sync is on my to do list, the problem is it's way below things like "ride the bike"...
Bingo! My thoughts exactly lol. I know it needs to be done at some point though. Almost 10k miles now.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Good idea about the injectors, I'll run some seafoam through it. The TB sync is on my to do list, the problem is it's way below things like "ride the bike", "finish remodeling the kitchen", and "make sure the g/f doesn't feel less important than all your toys" lol
Well said! ::)

Archived