Chance of performance loss or damage by removing baffle?

chappssss

I definitely understand @kernowjim's point. However, I have a akra exhaust and noticed an improvement immediately upon installing the exhaust without a flash. After a flash it opened it up even more. I left the baffle in despite vcyclenut telling me that removing the baffle would net about 1 HP gain (I know, I really miss that 1 HP).

As far as money well spent... that's a very subjective subject. I think my akra was money well spent. Aesthetically, performance, and sound.

@norcal616 got 120 whp from his Graves and tune... nobody is able to do that with the OEM setup as far as I know.

All I'm saying is that there are performance gains to have from aftermarket exhausts and tunes despite the R&D yamaha put into the OEM system to make it meet emissions standards and be efficient. The questions is, how much for the money is worth it to you?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

2WDW tuned my ECU using Woolich Racing Software rather than FlashTune- so all the credit goes to 2WDW

You can tune the bike to get better/optimal power even using OEM exhaust...what the dyno graphs can't show is the weight savings effect on the bike for example ... you many lose a little hp/tq in the lower end of the power band with an aftermarket exhaust but the aftermarket exhaust probably provides a more linear/smoother power curve in the big picture..

The Ixil brand exhaust for the FZ-07 even with a tune performs way less than a bone stock FZ-07 ?...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived