front sprocket cover and access..

wordsmith

I want to clean the front drive-chain sprocket area, which I’m sure is pretty yucky. The covering plastic shield appears to be secured by two hex-head screws. If these are removed can the cover then be readily taken off to access the sprocket without also moving the gear-shift arm? I’m a little reluctant to do this unless necessary as I don’t want to lose the correct alignment I have there. Any tips please?
P1030976.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

its 3 bolts...top,bottom and behind the 2 hoses... the upper shift lever arm will have to come off,no need to undo the shift rod or the pivot joint, just push down on the foot lever to expose the top lever arm bolt more so you can fit an allen wrench, you can mark it in a way so you put it back in same place...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I want to clean the front drive-chain sprocket area, which I’m sure is pretty yucky. .. P1030976.jpg

Looks filthy ! 

No rain at all over recent months, Robert - as you'll know - so any road-grime was mainly dust, easily hosed-off!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived