Fork spring free length

bmoto

Hey all...

I got some replacement fork springs. Went to measure them, and they're about 300mm on the money. Manual specs 305mm as stock, and 299.3mm = replacement. 

Should I be returning these? 

5mm seems like nothing, except the manual says 300mm is an important threshold and these may settle in below that limit fairly quickly for all I know. 

Thanks in advance,

b. 

Nope. I'm 200 - without gear...

With the stock springs, I'd crank the preload all the way in and still have 43mm of sag. Not bad, but...

Went for a set of .90's to see if they can help - and it's the replacements that are at the minimum length threshold.

Sticking with stock valving for now... 

thanks for weighing in!

b.

I don't think any of the brand new Sonic springs I've sold have ever been 305mm. 300 or 301 perhaps. I can go measure my latest batch. 200lb + gear = 0.95 would be my suggestion but 0.9 should work just fine. It's a hell of a lot closer to correct than the stock springs.

Hey all... 
I got some replacement fork springs. Went to measure them, and they're about 300mm on the money. Manual specs 305mm as stock, and 299.3mm = replacement. 

Should I be returning these? 

5mm seems like nothing, except the manual says 300mm is an important threshold and these may settle in below that limit fairly quickly for all I know. 

Thanks in advance,

b. 
Where did you get your springs from? 

Archived