Lamin-x clear headlight protector film =FAIL.

FJ29ER

So installed the Lamin-x clear protector film. Have it on my truck and love it. Bug guts just fall right off and no scratches or rock chips.

First off they are a nightmare to install on these headlights because of the curvature and shape. 

Clarity is meh. But they make the lights put out a zebra like pattern. Luckily they have seen this with some headlights and offered me full refund no issues.

I really wanted them to work because of the scratches and little rock dings that are showing up. Just will have to buff them every couple months or so.

20170913_061046.jpg

fj29-er - take a look at my post dated June 2nd this year on the "what did you do to your FJ today" Thread, where I described and showed my 'hard' headlight protector set-up.   May not be to your taste, but... 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

fj29-er - take a look at my post dated June 2nd this year on the "what did you do to your FJ today" Thread, where I described and showed my 'hard' headlight protector set-up.   May not be to your taste, but... 
Yea I have seen the hard covers. I opted against them because with my slight OCD it would bug me that you can see the velcro circles. I might order some later down the road and maybe make my own thin strips...but we will see. Thank you though!

Yea I have seen the hard covers. I opted against them because with my slight OCD it would bug me that you can see the velcro circles. I might order some later down the road and maybe make my own thin strips...but we will see. Thank you though!
I understand.   The Velcro dots bugged me too (I've had these protectors on a number of bikes), but they are a bit like the hole in the carpet that suddenly appears.   It bugs you for the first few times that you spot it, then it becomes invisible!   Same with the dots... and I'm also OCD about such things!   I believe - eyeballing the bike right now - that the dots could be cut right down in size and still be perfectly secure.   Another alternative might be to use some of that clear double-sided adhesive tape...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
I run the Pyramid hard clear plastic headlight lens protectors mounted with clear 3M snaplock bits and am satisfied with their scratch resistance and clarity. IMO a film cannot provide adequate protection from rocks. Bugs clean off ok when the protectors are waxed and they easily are removed for more thorough cleaning and to wipe the headlight lens themselves.

Archived