High viz add-ons.

morkys

I can't see myself replacing all of my gear like jackets with High viz gear but I am seriously considering getting a high viz vest and/or other high viz type things that I can put on and take off. Does anybody have any suggestions for things like these? A good high viz vest that looks decent? Useful with all jackets and if you're going somewhere social you can pop it into storage while you walk to the cafe, bar, restaurant, club etc. 
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

I sometimes use a London Met Police H belt easy to clean easy to put over any kit. Then I just leave it in the top box if I go for a walkabout

5773455831_d245773e75_b.jpg
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

• Premium Member
I sometimes use a London Met Police H belt easy to clean easy to put over any kit. Then I just leave it in the top box if I go for a walkabout 

5773455831_d245773e75_b.jpg
That poor officer doesn't look very comfortable crammed between that tank and trunk and I'd like to see how he mounts that bike with them tight britches and all that gear.
BLB

I use the Icon Mil-Spec vest. Handy zipper pocket in the front for a garage door opener or cards etc... The left side is for a CAC (common access card - ID for US base access) and a pouch in the back. It comes in orange as well.

Icon_Instructor_Vest_yellow.jpg

Olympia Blaze Hi-Viz vest. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/olympia-blaze-hi-viz-vest Folds into it's own pocket when not in use.
Good quality.
I no longer use it since getting a Helite Hi-Viz vest.

What size? Wanna sell it? haha
Funny you should ask that. Yes, if you're in Australia, otherwise the shipping cost will be too high..
My wife can wear it over her gear if she ever gets on the back again.

I keep meaning to just pick up a cheap hi-viz vest to throw over my riding jacket. I'm not going for anything "motorcycle" branded since you can get the same function for a lot less. My bike is all black, my riding jackets are black, my overpants are black, my helmet is black... There is some reflective accents but for fall rides into work when its dark a vest would probably do some good. I want to add more lights to the bike also, maybe some fogs and the hand guard lights. Not sure what lighting can be added to the rear without having a top case on all the time which I won't.

Archived