Should've gone to Specsavers...

SHOULD’VE GONE TO SPECSAVERS…

I became quite used to passers-by commenting about my various BMW Boxer twins, the last two of which were an R1200 R Roadster and R1200 GS – but until today hadn’t had any comments about my Tracer, not that I lost sleep over it.   But this morning, just as I was parking outside my favourite marina-side coffee shop, two Burly Blokes dressed in construction-site fluorescent work-shirts stopped to admire the bike. “Nice bike, mate – woddizzit?” quoth Bloke #1, while Bloke #2 weighed-in with a well-considered “off-road bike, mate?”

Smiling tolerantly at their innocence, for they were but young, I gave a brief run-down on the FZ-09/ MT-09 sportsbike origins of the Tracer, and its own sport-touring orientation, with passing reference to its excellent CP3 triple engine, its light weight, and flickability.

We chatted a bit, and they finally wandered off, parting with an un-Bloke-like “lovely!” from one of them.   It occurred that he may have been talking about me, but…

It also brought to mind an occasion when I was at an outback fuel stop and a grizzled old truckie standing nearby paused to eyeball my then-GS. “Woddizzitt?”, he murmured, half to me, half to himself – “’arf a trail bike?”    I smiled and wandered in to pay for the fuel and get a drink.   When I returned to the bike the truckie was still inspecting it, before wandering off with a final “I like it!”   

I rode off, grinning broadly.

Happy days!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Bwahahahaha!!!!!

Here I was thinking you were going to tell us that you rode through a puddle that you thought was solid ground........."should've gone to Spec Savers"

Glad it put a smile on ya dial  :D

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

Bwahahahaha!!!!! 
Here I was thinking you were going to tell us that you rode through a puddle that you thought was solid ground........."should've gone to Spec Savers"

Glad it put a smile on ya dial  grin.png

No - but I cleaned the bike today after last week's ride in torrential rain!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
I've had a couple of admirers of my FJ09. But nothing like I get from my Ural Gear-Up. Ural riders call it," UDF" or Ural delay factor. I always get positive feedback with the FJ09. Very mixed with the Ural...
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

I've had a couple of admirers of my FJ09. But nothing like I get from my Ural Gear-Up. Ural riders call it," UDF" or Ural delay factor. I always get positive feedback with the FJ09. Very mixed with the Ural...
I'm not surprised at all - those Urinals are one-of-a-kind.   I see the odd one around here from time to time, and believe it or not, new ones can still be bought, a new outfit (bike + side-car) retailing for around AUD$26,000 new. 

Archived