Georgia Winters

YamaGeezer

Yesterday was a great reminder how lucky we are that get to live in the south. I spent a few hours running the last ethanol gas out of the FJ. Sunny and the temps were in the upper 60’s F. I live about an hour north of Atlanta in the foothills of the Appalachians. Great riding almost all year-round. I wore my mesh jacket and was comfortable- in December! Not trying to rub it in for those in colder climes. Payback comes in August when it is HOT.

Now the bad news - it is supposed to be in the 20’s next weekend so the bike will probably stay in the garage with it’s tank full of ethanol-free gas. Hopefully it will be a temporary condition. Warmer days can occur throughout the winter here.

Early Christmas wishes to everyone and hoping we all have many great miles ahead.

Ride Safe

• Supporting Member
Here in the Northwest we have a VERY wet and cold November through usually April, this upcoming 7-10 days are supposed to be cold but dry. Any window of opportunity that comes my way, I take it.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Here in the Northwest we have a VERY wet and cold November through usually April, this upcoming 7-10 days are supposed to be cold but dry. Any window of opportunity that comes my way, I take it.
Cold is right! I worked a swing shift last week, and a few times when I came out to my bike at 9:00pm there was a layer of frost on my seat. Suddenly a heated saddle doesn't seem so silly.

• Supporting Member
Cold is right! I worked a swing shift last week, and a few times when I came out to my bike at 9:00pm there was a layer of frost on my seat. Suddenly a heated saddle doesn't seem so silly.
I experienced that several weeks ago in Bend and John Day when leaving the motels around 7am.  
I now carry a few small towels with me and place one on the seat and one over the speedo/tach over night.  

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...

Archived